Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Window Tints Se Or Sport Or Was It An Optional Extra?

I was wondering were the window tints standard on the se or sport or was it just an option on any of the 200's? Was it just the rear side windows and rear screen that was tinted? Does anyone know roughly what the tint is percentage ways from the factory?

The reason I am asking is I have 35% tint all round,I was thinking of getting them re done as one or two windows have started to peel away.

I'm not 100% if I'm just gonna remove the lot or get it redone and just get the rear screen and rear side windows done.Don't want anything to dark tint wise either.

Any help would be great.

Thanks.Lee.

I have an is200 sport and I'm pretty sure the window tints are original (i.e actual tinted glass, not film). I think the law is that the rear windows (b-pillar backwards) can be as dark as you like, and the front door windows can only be tinted 30%. ref: http://redwood-tints.co.uk/law/

Window tints rear only came as standard on the sports

Ah right ok,not the rear screen then?

I have an is200 sport and I'm pretty sure the window tints are original (i.e actual tinted glass, not film). I think the law is that the rear windows (b-pillar backwards) can be as dark as you like, and the front door windows can only be tinted 30%. ref: http://redwood-tints.co.uk/law/

Yes I know it is proper tinted glass from the factory but was't sure on which model.I'm really not sure as to just remove all the tint film or have it all redone or just have the rear windows and rear screen redone.Thanks for the advise.

Cheers.Lee.

Yeah standard on Sport trim, dont think it was a option on SE though. Im reckoning from what ive seen its about 35% OEM.

If youve got 35% all round its only a matter of time till the police fine you. just saying. at least get the fronts a shade lighter even if its still over the limit to be less noticeable

So just to confirm was the rear screen ever tinted on the sport or was it only the side windows?

Going on what is mentioned above, I think I will remove the tint on the front windows.

Thanks.Lee.

It's called privacy glass in the back screen and windows , really dark on the sport .looks the dogs .

Ask for privacy when u get it done mate .

It's already done at 35% Dave all round but it's peeling away in places,looks terrible especially when the sun is out,I am very particular though..lol.

I need to get it redone but unsure how dark to go for the rear windows and windscreen,I think I will just remove the tint from the front windows anyway.

Thanks.Lee.

Yeh but like I said standard on the sport is privacy on the back windows and rear screen ,if you want it to look standard that's the way to go I think.

Look at chris,s picture of his car . You need it to look the same as that so it looks real if you get my drift .

Cheers for the info Dave but I doubt if I will go for the privacy look, to dark for me I think plus my car is far from standard so i guess it won't really matter.

Thanks.Lee.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links