Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Steering And Water Pump

krayze2k

Hi i noticed a slight rattle coming from my waterpump that sounds like a bearing running dry an when i now go full lock my (what i think is my) powersteering pump wheel stops goin round..

yep mine did this at about 100k. very annoying loud noise. also was weaping. the WP was still working though. why Lexus stockport didnt replace it with first cambelt is beyond me

Yeah have done that or though i have changed my supprisingly still working perrished alternator belt and the squeeling has stopped.

With the WP is it an urgent need to be changed. I was to by my tyre man the someone he knew found a fluid that was added to im guessing the water, and after about 3 days the noise stopped. Is this something anyone has heard of before an if so what is it called.

WP is leaking... Then change it.

The fluid stuff that's gone into your rad will be one of those rad seal or K seal. They are not good for your car and I wouldn't put them anywhere near my cooling system. They stop leaks temporarily but the damage that can be done to your cooling system in the long run just isn't worth it in my opinion.

When the WP finally gives up (and it will if it's leaking) then your car won't be able to push coolant around the cooling chambers and your car will most likely overheat. When a car overheats many things are effected. The car may run rough/lumpy, the internals get so hot they melt fusing together or the head gasket blows.

What I'm trying to say is the water pump is a hugely important part and you need it fixed ASAP.

The actual WP in not leaking just sounds like it runnin on a dry bearing untill the engine warms up then ya cant hear it ... was just wondering if there was a solution other than a new water pump

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links