Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Something Rattling

A while back I noticed in my isf when I was doing around 60 mph on a straight road I can hear a slight rattling noise like tin foil blowing in the wind if you get me , I've had it into my dealers twice and they can't find anything loose .had anyone else heard this noise ,could it be rear heat shields vibrating .it seems to be from the middle to rear .

Sounds probable Dave.

Get yourself down on the deck and have a crawl round mate.

Better still, get it on a ramp and have a good nose round underneath.

May even be one of the scuff guards?

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers.

Pete :)

Hey Pete , it's been on the Lexus ramps twice ha .nothing .

I can hear it when I get out and shut the car door .something rattles like tin underneath.theres no room to get my big heed under the car .i was hoping one of you lot had come across the problem , GRRRR doing my head in lol

Hi mate,i had the same problem sound with my gs300,rattling till it reached 30-40mph then stopped.
Lexus said it was heat sheild or somthing on the pipe that was loose £40 to replace but not had it done yet.

Hi derik , mine doesn't do it until it reaches 60 mph lol.must be a shield ,but can't tell when it's stationary.there are two at the back .thin tinny things I bet there wafflng in the wind but I can't understand why no one else with an isf has the problem as mines been checked and nothing but surely it has the same shields as the rest of the lads .a puzzle

Lol yes i bet.
I'd take it to another 2 side garages see what they come up with.
Just say you got a rattle,but dont tell the its been in,see what they come up with,or get yourself under while somebody keeps slaming the door.lol Hope you find it,gonna get mine replaced in 2 wks cant bare the noise any longer.

As above mate. Sounds like heat shield. Common on a lot of cars, especially if it sounds metallic in sound. Could be a lose bracket on the exhaust?

Cant hurt to take it to an alternative garage and see what they say.

Had something similar on mine. Took a bit of finding. Mine turned out to be the heat shield on the exhaust slap bang in the middle underneath. It's quite malleable so you can tweak it with your hand. I'll take a guess it became distorted by a blast of water from the road. Let's face it we have had an awful lot of water on the roads in the last few months. Noise gone now. Mine only occurred at take off, never heard at any other time.

If you explore a bit...when she's cold....you may be able to feel a baffle very close to bodywork or the exhaust itself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links