Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Glove Box Key

Allisterc

Can anyone tell me how to find the seriel number of the glovebox key ans where I could get one made? The ignition key is not the same. Bit of a pain if you have the roof down and just want to pop into a shop. Saves opening and closeing lid.

I think you are using the valet key. It only does the ignition. You need the main key to do ignition, glove box and centre console. You can tell the difference easily as the valet key has 2 buttons, and the main key has 3. If you don't have both, it's going to be expensive I'm afraid, and I think it can only be done by a Lexus main dealer.

Thanks for the good news Paul.lol. It would seem I got 2 Valet keys with the car. When you say expensive, whats the ballpark figure?

The valet keys are gray with two buttons lock and unlock. The master is black with three buttons lock unlock and boot.

Ok, I have spoken with a key guy in Dunfermline. Here is his reply. It might be of help to others.

Hi

Ok

The situation is this:

You will need to order a 3 button remote key from the dealer--whether i do it or the dealer does it you would have to do this anyway.

This comes cut to your car locks and is non returnable-- not cheap is my guess as none of my suppliers would even quote me on a price.

I will then have to remove (by cutting out) the Lexus transponder chip and inserting one of my own that is specially prepared.

The insert inside the case is cut into and once reassembled you cannot see any this from the outside.

Then i can then copy the info from your slave key to my inserted chip and that will be the car starting issue sorted.

The remote function of the key is then programmed and hopefully at the end you will have a fully functional 3 button working remote and key.

Total cost is £200 and you would need to come down to Dunfermline.

I have successfully done this on other Lexus vehicles but have no experience of this car neither have any of my colleagues so i cannot guarantee anything here except if it don’t work i wont charge you anything.

Let me know your thoughts

Alan

Fife Autokeys

Mobile Auto Locksmith - Dunfermline, Fife

Telephone: 07726 012 000

Covering: Dunfermline | Kirkcaldy | Cowdenbeath | Leven | North Queensferry | Perth | Alloa | Glenrothes | Livingston | Falkirk | Bathgate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links