Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sc430

John1967

Hello, I'm looking to buy a SC430 ASAP, I have a budget of 8k. Should I be wary of mileage, say 100,000 miles or over? This is the first purchase of a car of this type as I've always used my van or the wife's shopping trolley so I'm really looking forward to it. Anyway I will be grateful for any responses.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

ASAP? I would advise you to take your time looking for an SC430 as you would with any car,don't rush in and buy the 1st one you see :)

Provided the car has a FLSH 100K is nothing for these engines, the important thing is the service history.

Check everything very carefully including underneath ( another LOC member has just bought one that looks fantastic from the top but is heavily rusted underneath!)

Go and look at as many as possible and test drive them to get a feel for what feels right and wrong.

If you're not clued up mechanically it may be worth getting an AA/RAC inspection done once you have one in mind,Lexus dealers will generally give you a free inspection and report once you have bought it.

Good luck with your search,feel free to post up links for any you are interested in and we will comment accordingly.

Thankyou, yes I'm looking forward to it, I've being in two minds over a sc430 or a clk320cdi, but finally decided on the Lexus.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 1 month later...

Hi John, I have just brought a '51 Sc430 for pretty much the same budget as you but with only 35,000 FLSH.

Its worth the wait, Low milage ones do come up for sale you just have to keep checking! But even if you buy one with 100k plus, along as the history is there. you shouldn't have any problems. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links