Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nokia Blue Tooth

Loz

got it all in but struggling... is it critical that the red wire goes to a permenantly live 12v source ( ie the Battery?) can I get this source from the courtesy light switch on my Mk 2 GS.

I realise there will be much hilarity at my inablity to wire a blue tooth kit in but I don't want to sabotage the car...

:unsure:

:ph34r: okay, sod you then!!

Blumin fixed it meself! fuse was blowing because I don't seem to be able to tell live from neg! Now it works a treat. Given the new laws I reckon the blue tooth fitted hands free, and a Car cup by the manufacturer ( nokia fro me) is a great combo.

I sit my phone in a cup with no wires. when a call comes in its from and invisible speaker... best stealth kit I have ever had! Better than Noz!!

:ph34r:

THats the thing ROdders!

Ive got the Nokia 112 Car kit and its great. BUt I had to track down the no longer made Nokia Car cup to house the phone.

2 things:

i) you want to be able to dial at will from memory. not just the ten numbers you have on voice tags

ii) YOu want to see who's calling you so you need to be able to see the phone for the caller ID.

I got the cup and it sits in the Ex Dave Sportie moulded Phone rest. its the dogs mate!! it looks very star treck. JUst got a button on the console for volume and calls.

Shwiiiiiing!

:zee:

Well, seeing as the 6310i is the last in the range that will fit that cradle. going blue tooth means you can change your phone to any blue tooth phone (44% of phones on market are blue tooth now comapared with 10% in January the trend is towards it now and expect 80% Bluetooth by april 2004).

If you already have a kit then why would you look at changing? you have he standard cradle kit, right? I had that before and it was great. other thing is, yours charges your phone. I have to get an accessory to get my blue tooth to charge it and have to run a wire from unit to phone... As it goes, I have my old charger cable and that does just fine.

The up side over my old wire hands free is that this one will be legal after 1st Dec. the other type wont. yours will though. Also mine looks cool. there is no visble sign but for a button. even the mic is hidden down by my left knee. when I get in and start the car it asks me if I want to connect to L3XRS and I just press accept on my phone and I am wireless for sound. quality is as you would expect with nokia, very good.

Hope that helps.

Loz

when I get in and start the car it asks me if I want to connect to L3XRS and I just press accept on my phone and I am wireless for sound. quality is as you would expect with nokia, very good.

Loz, you can set the phone to connect automatically, much easier than having to select accept. Depends what you want but I never have any reason not to connect when I get in the car.

Rod, as Loz said at the moment there would be no point in you changing, you'd loose the external aerial and charging facility. If you change the phone do look at Bluetooth though, I've got the Nokia 112 kit and I love it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links