Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Did contact Lexus UK did ask question why there is no recall for calipers issue they said didn't see fit to recall for this fissure sent them another email see response I will get

Bite the bullet and get them replaced - its an easy job to do yourself

You are only going to put yourself through a lot of hassle and judging by other members experiences on the caliper issue then they are unlikely to cave in.

I would recommend however if you need to replace one side then do the other side at the same time - you may end up with a brake imbalance from just doing one side with a non original part.

Both sides r seized gonna replace both but need to make my point to lexus that this is a manufacturer defect.@ that ur cars ain't good as u think just waiting for answer for last email I sent ,u don't try u don't get its worth a shot

The reason they seize is lack of good maintainence, as noo bie 's advice in another post, remove slide pins every 6 months and lubricate, it does not take long to do, I replaced discs and pads on my is 250 today greased the pins re-assembled ... Total time 3hrs for both fronts including painting the calipers, this was done on the road outside my house ! So I saved myself a few bob and the job was done correctly . Bet the dealer mechanic would not have removed slide pins cleaned them , then lubed them.

Thankfully seized slide pins are not expensive. I've had seized slide pins on at least 1 caliper every single service since I've had my car, even though it had been dealer serviced every 4-6 months.

The trick is not to take it to the dealer who will install a new caliper (@£395 each), but to take it to an independent. A new slide pin is about £12, and about £50 worth of labour to get the old one out.

By the time I'd worked this out, I'd had 5 brand new calipers from lexus. My new independent mechanic just laughed and told me that he was nearly 100% certain that it didn't need a single one of those.

That's the difference between mechanics and fitters which we seem to get mostly these days,fitters just don't or can't repair things these days !!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links