Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I was browsing the internet last night as my MOT was due coming week and I wanted to know if it was possible to get it done on a Sunday.

Kwikfit seemed to be the most popular search result for 'Mot on Sunday' and I booked it despite hearing/reading about bad experiences people have had with them.

Woke up this morning and had a quick look round the car to make sure all the bulbs were working. Checked the tyre tread using the 10p coin method and was pretty surprised to see I had plenty of tread left. (17000+ miles on Dunlop SP01).

Took the car in, nice and clean reception area with friendly staff. I was told it would take 45 minutes and offered tea/coffee while I waited.

My initial intention was to sit in the viewing area to observe the MOT being carried out but the nice weather drew me outdoors. Found a nice spot and just sat there listening to music and daydreaming. 45 minutes later I went indoors and got my new test certificate which was advisory free as expected. :)

I usually pay £55 for the MOT and this one was £30 because I booked online. So I reckon it was a good punt. I suppose the level of service may vary from branch to branch but Orpington (Kent) could not be faulted today.

• Like 1

I would also agree that the service vary branch to branch hence why the feedback is so bad online re KwikFit.

I needed a oil change on my IS250 and most of the quotes I was getting was like £150-200 just for an oil change and filter. Looked at KwikFit and booked a intermediate service at £100 at the London E2 branch. However after booking I saw so many negative feedback that my stomach started to turn.

Anyways on the day I was greeted by someone at KwikFit. I asked for them to confirm the type of oil they are using and he replied Titan Semi Synthetic as it was on the manufacturer spec. I told them that I always use fully synthetic. Guy said no worries and ordered new Super Titan FS oil while I waited :)

I was very happy with the service and will use them again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links