Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning. Usb Stick.

Abbo07

I download & play music via a USB stick. No problems, plays great & easy to update. Problem came about where to park stick when not in use & also out of sight. Found that I could lay stick down on USB consul & was slim enough for lid to close. BIG MISTAKE. After one of my trips found sprung lid wouldn't open fully. USB stick had slid across & down hinge gab. Took 1hour & half the centre consul removed to retrieve it. Be warned.

I had a play with using a USB stick for music a few weeks ago. I like to listen to my music in random order but when I put several songs on a USB stick in different folders it would not play randomly from any folder only the folder I was in. I also seem to remember it did not remember which folder I was in or if I had selected random.

If I put all my songs in one folder (the root) this would presumably then let it play any song randomly. Is there a limit to the number of songs in a folder? Does it matter what the song format is MP3, itunes, etc.

2013 Advance (standard radio)

Thanks

Paul

I do not believe there is a limit as to how many songs you put in a folder.

Check the owner's manual for the compatible formats... there is quite a few

The issue I have is that some of the CDs, although definitely on the stick, do not show in the directory.

I've created a folder, called it "singles" so it doesn't clash with any other file names & so far have dragged over 300 tracks from different albums into the folder. I use MP3 format & so far I can play all in sequence or random settings. I think how many just depends on the memory size of stick. So far the 300 tracks have used less than 1GB so on my 16GB stick will get me to Scotland & back if I had enough CD's to download.

You can put 300 plus songs in a folder. But it won't play any song over number 255. Must be a limit to the system. (255 is the maximum number you can store in 8 bits binary)

255 songs should keep me going for a while.

Paul @ Cheshire. As I had on random play never flagged up that all tracks were not available. Just checked & got 255 tracks available. Thanks for info. Now setting up new folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Daft design fault to put usb there in the first place as you cant hide anything when parked up. I bought a micro sized USB stick from Mymemory next day and it fits perfectly with flap closed. Here is the link http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-16GB-Cruzer-Fit-USB-Flash-Drive

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links