Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Bumper Removal

adnewton

Had to remove my rear bumper today - had not been fitted correctly previous to purchasing.

They are quite east to remove:-

1. Remove covers from top fixing points ( tailgate open )

2. Remove screws from under covers.

3. Remove 1 screw at top of bumper at wheel arch - both sides.

4. Remove x8 scrivets under vehicle ( bumper to body ).

5. Gently pull bumper out at sides to unclip from side bracket. Pull bottom of bumper out simultaneously to assist. Perform both sides.

6. Disconnect parking sensor connector from harness.

7. Lay bumper on carpet or soft material to prevent scratches.

Reverse procedure for refit.

Will try to post some images later.

I would be interested to see the pictures Adam, I was thinking of buying parking sensors and fitting them myself but would like to know the extent of the work before I decide whether to go for it. I am guessing that you had to refit the bumper properly because someone had fitted your sensors but not bothered to refit the bumper properly prior to your buying the car?

Parking sensors were factory fit as mine is SE-L. Probably result of respray at some point. Did not fit it right at centre top and made profile to lower edge of tailgate uneven.

make sure your sensors are clean maybe get the hose pipe out at them and give them a blast especially around the circle that you can see in the middle of the sensor as dirt can get trapped there

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links