Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traffic Info Through Internet

Is anybody using the traffic info through the Internet option that came with the last update? I tried it out with wifi tethering and it worked fine the first time. Then, next time I started the car and tried to use it, it asked for my account name and password, which is not easy whether you are driving or not. So, I didn't bother and I didn't get any updates on RDC or Internet since.

Yesterday I tried to remedy the situation checking that the updates and source were set to auto. To my frustration, it still asks for user name and password, whether tethering on wifi or Bluetooth.

Anyone got it working without having to enter account and password every time the car is started again? I vaguely remember something to do with a single button press but can't find it again.

Mine does connect automatically, and I haven't done anything other than try and follow the instructions, which are not particularly intuitive. Whoever designed the UI would never get a job with apple!

If I keep the personal hotspot on my Iphone on the car picks it up and a while after that I get a message saying internet traffic enabled. Must admit I'm not overly convinced it's worth the effort.

Don't think this will help much I'm afraid but the best I can do.

Mine does connect automatically, and I haven't done anything other than try and follow the instructions, which are not particularly intuitive. Whoever designed the UI would never get a job with Apple!

If I keep the personal hotspot on my iPhone on the car picks it up and a while after that I get a message saying internet traffic enabled. Must admit I'm not overly convinced it's worth the effort.

Don't think this will help much I'm afraid but the best I can do.

Thanks DJP,

I agree it's not great, but it was quite accurate in the previous RDS-only version, albeit a little exaggerated (heavy traffic being more than five or so vehicles) which now doesn't work any longer. Perhaps for the better! It is and remains a gadget.

I believe there's a option in the setting to " remember password "

Haven't come across myself, but that doesn't mean it's not there hidden in some menu that one wouldn't expect to be involved with the feature itself! If you'd happen to know where it is, would you please let me know please? Lexus should have set it as default.

Only just got my IS300H but had that issue to. I assume as 3G is not great in some area's of Lincolnshire, it was due to it not being abe to connect to the tinternet. However I have not had the time yet to really figure much out at all. The instruction manual is not exactly easy reading either! :)

The manual is indeed tricky. I've found trying to do things in true masculine fashion first works best, only resorting to the manual as a last resort.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Haven't come across myself, but that doesn't mean it's not there hidden in some menu that one wouldn't expect to be involved with the feature itself! If you'd happen to know where it is, would you please let me know please? Lexus should have set it as default.

Hi Platypus

Sorry for the delay I had to trawl through the manual to find it.

Having first logged in, press menu - setup - navigation - connected service, and you will see a list of options one of which is save password.

D

Hi Platypus

Sorry for the delay I had to trawl through the manual to find it.

Having first logged in, press menu - setup - navigation - connected service, and you will see a list of options one of which is save password.

D

Many thanks Dixgas! Sounds straightforward enough.

I've just spent a fruitless hour trying to set this set up with my Iphone 5 and got nowhere, even read the relevant pages in Lexus manual before I started to make sure I followed every step properly! :angry:

All I managed to get was a message saying "Connection not possible (ID 214)" - about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

I suppose I'm now going to have to try and find what this obtuse and unhelpful error message actually means - or perhaps I'll just drop in to Lexus Nottingham next time I'm passing and see if they can set the damned thing up if I can be bothered.

Robert

I can hear the frustration in your post!

I've occasionally hit this error message, cleared it and tried again, with success. Obviously I've made sure it's paired via Bluetooth , and checked it's tethered to 3/4g via the hotspot first. Assuming you done both of these I'm afraid it's a trip to Lexus I think.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Morning David and sorry for my post being a bit of a rant - it's no excuse but it was getting late :(

I did try five times altogether to see if I could get round the ID 214 message but no joy. I'm about to leave to go on holiday for a few days so I'll get chance to spend a bit of "quality time" with my owner manuals and see if I can find the missing link! :D I've also now started losing the phone Favourites, Call history and phone contacts, so it's back to square one on that problem too.

Thanks for the support though. There has been a huge amount of talk on this forum about the ongoing problems with the car's IT set up which is a great shame because everything else about the car is fantastic.

It's clear that nobody from Lexus is monitoring this forum, (or if they are they're keeping their heads down), so I'm wondering about sending a letter to Lexus HQ about it, to try and get them to do two things:

1. acknowledge there is a problem and apologise to their customers for not yet having fixed it

2. apply the necessary resources, either in the UK or in Japan if necessary, to get it fixed

I'll have a think about it whilst I'm away and then perhaps start a new post to see if there's any interest / appetite by other forum members to be involved.

Cheers for now - Robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links