Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brake Pads

The ISF is going to need new pads in the near future, for the fronts I like the look of the Hawk carbons, as they have still not started with the rears yet does anyone have any recommendations what would work with the hawks ?

Malc

Hey Malc,

I'm going with the Porterfields for the rears chap. :)

Still pushing Hawk for rears per my thread on here. They reckoned it would be September time when they'll be launched.

I'm very impressed with my Hawks up front though. Considerably less dust than the OEM ones, and more bite in my opinion.

The early non mechanical F's are tougher on the rear pads unfortunately. Facelift cars don't chew through them as much.

I'll let you know how I get on with the rears mate. Currently sitting in my garage with a pair of new discs to be fitted! ;)

Cheers.

Peter :)

I wanted to try ceramic pads at some point, went to lexus the other day to get a health check on the car and nothing needs changing for 12 months.

When it does come round to changing them I will probably be in time for when hawk release the rear pads

Hi Simon,

I do keep checking in with the Hawk guys regarding the release of the rear pads, I'll obviously post something on the forum once they confirm the release dates.

I think the delay has been down to the tooling they need to do to make the pads. There were around 9 new tools needed this year for different applications.

Ours were on the list though.

I'm going to have to try the Porterfields though, as mine need doing now unfortunately.

They work really well on the Supra's though. Should be fine for the IS-F I reckon.

Cheers.

Peter

I have ordered a set of the porterfield's for the rear, thanks Peter, if I do not get on with them I will replace them when the hawks appear.

Malc

Nice one Malc. :)

Did you order the Porterfields through Whifbitz?

I'm thinking the same with changing them to the Hawks if I'm not happy.

They are certainly an improvement over the OEM pads.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links