Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mini Vci For Toyota & Software Tis Techstream

I've just purchased a MINI VCI FOR TOYOTA interface cable & downloaded the latest TIS Techstream software V.9.10.037 from the web. I got it all plugged in and working fine on my lexus Is220. I'm able to read all the PIDs available from the ecu.

The only reason i bought the interface cable is to keep an eye on the dpf level. I read somewhere that you can force dpf regeneration via this software, I've found this option under "diesel exhaust" in the techstream software but i can not seem to find where in the software the status of the Dpf level ? ie is it 10%, 30% or 50% full

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

They come with a CD. You need to hack the software, but the instructions are on the CD.

You can install on a laptop but the laptop must have 32-bit windows installed.

Most laptops with windows 7 or 8 came with 64 bit versions, and these are VERY difficult to set up the cable - it can be done, but it's pretty tricky.

The cable does come with the software but its version 8 in my case but you can easily download the latest version from the internet V.9.10.037. I have managed to test the option of force regeneration but in my case the dpf was already cleaned. i think i read somewhere in this forum the dpf has to be 30-40% full before a force regeration is activated.

• 6 months later...

Hello Abdul,

I got the Techstream on Wednesday, version 8.03, cannot get the software to accept the registration key. On installation instructions it says to remove/rename the Main Menu. I find that the application does not work if this is done.

Did you have knowledge of this difficulty, or advice on how to overcome this problem.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links