Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Is220D Very Sluggish

Webby123

Hi

As a new member I have tried to find a suitable answer on the forum to my problem and there are numerous answers. I thought it best to just ask the question and see if any kind members can reassure me and offer any potential solution that is reasonably priced. I have just purchased a IS220D 2008 with 80,000 on the clock. Having previously had a 2006 petrol version that was very sporty and tight (was a new car), this has proved very disappointing. It is slow to pull away, all feels very loose in the gears and breaks feel spongy. Breaks were checked at local ATS depot and they say have plenty of life in them so maybe that's just how nature intended? My local garage says he thinks has probably just had a hard life to date but was wondering can i do anything to give a bit more spring in the step? Fuel is averaging 28mpg which also is somewhat lower than specified albeit a lot of my driving is on Isle of Wight roads, so rarely see a motorway or dual carraigeway. Need lots of revs and often driving in lower gears than my 2012 mercedes C Class that just parted with. Also sounds a bit rattly at idol. So hoping I have not bought a pup as looks amazing in black with cream leather and all the bells and whistles. Going in for a full service at local garage next week so if anyone can give any advice of pointers or thinks to clean, tune etc I would be very grateful as we do not have a Lexus dealer over here on the Island.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

The engines on these cars have had quite a few serious problems resulting in Lexus extending the warranty period if the car has a FLSH.

Ask your garage to check the oil and coolant for signs of head gasket failure while it is there.

A common problem with poor response is a well clogged EGR valve which is fairly easy to access and clean, there is even a video tutorial on Youtube.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links