Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Guys,

my brother had a look at my car, he said check out this, he thinks it could be a coolant leak? this is just in front of the radiator, he said there is movement also in the pulleys?

any thoughts?

the coolant was done in june and is not down at all, the temp gauge is below half way and i dont notice anything wrong with the car.

just throwing this up here for thoughts.

cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1ahnv6s9x21upt/20140928_174522.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yj6wmh4y5hz88hx/20140928_174550.jpg?dl=0

Well, It's coolant, but it doesn't look like a serious leak. I'd wipe it off and see how it goes. Maybe it was overflow or a spill from when it was changed.

If you're at high mileage (or even if not if you're unlucky) it's possible that your water pump has got a worn shaft or otherwise is on the way out.

is it ok to put motor factors water pump on?

BLUEPRINT ADT391103 LEXUS IS 2.5i Sal - IS250 GSE20 05>13 RWD Water Pump

lexus one will have to come from the states and more expensive, as you can imagine.

i also need more coolant i suppose?

That pump will be fine.

If you're really careful you should be able to save at least most of your coolant - drain the block (two cocks) as well as the radiator.

Preferably filter it before you put it back (coffee filter paper, funnel and jug(s)!

Or buy fresh!

my brother said a pulley near that pump had some slight play in it also? cant remember the name of this but i think it would not be so trivial to change this pulley, indeed ordering a individual pulley might be tricky itself?

will order that pump from blueprint anyway. :)

• Like 1

You should be able to get an individual pulley from a Lexus dealer - you just need to identify which one it is!

The proceedure to change the water pump is quite complicated - not least because it says in the workshop manual that you need to discharge the aircon gas (and obviously recharge it again afterwards). This is so that you can remove the compressor - now I'm not sure if that is absolutely necessary - it may be possible to just move it out of the way without disconnecting the pipes.

You most certainly need to get hold of a workshop manual before tackling the job.

Has anyone here actually done it and could provide some pointers?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links