Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H - Curious About An Odd Model

Looking for a used RX400H in Norway I came across this one. Contrary to all the other I have seen this peculiar car doesn't have leather interior and the usual navigation unit. Apart from that it looks very similar to the rest. As far as I can see the specifications is also the same. Does any one have some information on this? I'm tempted to buy it because this car , a 2006 model, looks very clean and best of all, it has only 65.000 km on it!!

Second question: If I accept a RX400H with a typical milage around130-140.000 km there's of course much more to choose from. So for a well kept RX, how far does these cars usually run without too many faults?

Or put another way, which is the better: A 2005 model with low milage or a newer (2008?) with high milage?

Morton

In the UK the 400h was offered in three grades; base, SE and SE-L. The base grade didn't get leather and only the SE-L had Sat Nav by default, it was an option on the SE. Europe probably had similar grades.

I've not really seen any common faults on any 400h, at any age. That said I would prefer a newer model given the choice, things like body/chassis corrosion and hybrid Battery life are going to be somewhat related to age.

Thanks Colin. I read it as the base model is identical to the SE a models in all other respects.

Here's probably a topic i'm sure no one has yet covered on the Lexus forum. :phone: For people (like myself ) with a hearing problem one of the worst places to have a conversation is in a car! It's very hard to pick up every word with all the wind, engine and road noice in the background. Because of dubbed wintertires they often use a special asphalt mix in Norway which makes things even worse. (In fact German and Japanese manufactorers have sometimes been testing their new models in Norway just because of this).

I've tried some premium cars without beeing particulary impressed. Ok, it's often due to ridicolous tire profiles, but after having tested a RX400H the other day i found it to be probably one on the most quiet cars I've driven so far. No problem to talk with someone in backseat on the highway.

Morton.

The base and SE have a number of differences in the UK:

RX300 (base grade)

· 17” alloy wheels

· 9 airbags

· HID headlights

· LED rear brake lights

· 5-speed automatic transmission

· Cruise control

· Electrically adjustable front seats

· 60/40 split rear seat

· 6 CD changer audio system with 8 speakers

SE grade

As base plus:

· 18” alloy wheels

· Power tailgate

· Electric sunroof

· Automatic headlights

· Leather upholstery

· Heated front seats

· 40/20/40 split rear seat

· Electronically adjustable steering wheel for reach and rake

· Memory function for drivers seat, steering wheel and mirror positions

· Rain-sensing windscreen wipers

· Navigation package – LCD touch display with parking assist monitor (option)

not a limited edition, it was an extension to the range which sat between the base model and the SE. It launched in Aug 2007 and was revised in March 2008 when it received sliver roof rails and a body coloured rear spoiler.

I'm hoping to pin the series II model history to the RX forum by the end of the week, similar to what I've done with the series III.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links