Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi To All,just Got The Car Yesterday...1 Happy New Owner

just got my IS-F yesterday,its blue,all stock except for the pipe for the intake,26,XXX miles on the clock....have'nt driven the car on F mode,just sport and normal,the car is from the U.S. (because when i step on the foot brake,it indicates "brake" on the cluster),i will drive it for some time to get use to it,my former car was the RS200 :outforcount:

Nice! Congratulations. Any plans for the car?

Stu

thanks, for now stock and enjoy the car while it's stock and quiet, my first mod will be apexi throttle controller (just ordered) hopefully the accelerator pedal will feel like the cable type pedals (more responsive).

i was thinking about de-catting the car, but im not sure if i will get any CELs....my is200 had this problem before and it was a bit of a headache.....will i get CEL if i de-cat the is-f? (secondary cats after the headers)

Hey Stu, no . It`s the only mod I`ve done so not really worth it.

Seems to rev a bit easier but probably my imagination, although when you see whats inside a cat.....maybe!

It will free up the exhaust gas flow so would add a few ponies I imagine just a a question of how many but assume you have no mod in stock form to compare against?

Hi Lloyd, I`ve had my secondary cats opened up and gutted, no problems so far.

hey charlie, im kinda confused....the secondary cats are the ones in the middle of the car? before the resonator?

did it have noticeable sound?

Hi Lloyd,

Secondary cats can be gutted or removed without any CEL issues. The Borla aftermarket exhaust system for example, removes these and the resonator pipe without any issues.

Only the primary cats in the headers are monitored electronically by O2 sensors (there are 4 in total, 2 before the primary cats, 2 after). This is why headers such as PPE and Sikky come with an O2 conditioner to prevent CEL issues after they are installed.

Removing the secondary cats and resonator will increase the sound, and free up a few more horsepower. You shouldn't have any issues with CEL's.

My next mod will be the same H&S system Stuno and others are running, but I am removing the secondary cats as well. :)

One issue over here is the MOT test now requires all cars to have the same number of cats fitted as they did when they were manufactured. This will be a visual inspection, but I can't see how the testers will know how many our cars had when they were built? Provided the tailpipe test passes on emissions, I don't think it will cause a problem.

Something to check/consider though.

Best of luck with the mods! Car looks lovely. :)

Cheers.

Peter

• Like 1

Yeh,cats before the middle resonator.

To be honest,not much louder than stock. More noticeable on the overrun when using manual.

I`m hoping to get a new system or at least change the rear boxes as well, it`s still to quiet!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links