Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Force Re-Scan Of Usb Memory Stick?

Jumped in the car this morning looking forward to listening to some new tunes I had copied over on to my USB stick last night. However, on plugging the USB stick in the car started playing again from the last track I had played last night and when I browsed the folders none of the new files were visible.

I tried taking it out and putting it back in again, tried both USB ports and even re-booted the audio/nav system but the car still doesn't see the new tracks.

I've plugged my memory stick in to my PC at work in case I had lot my marbles and copied the files somewhere else by mistake, but NO - there they are on the stick!

How can I force the car to re-scan the USB stick? I thought this happened each time you started up.

RossCo174,

Welcome to the world of trying to get your music to play. If you search through the IS300h forum you will find lots of information about USB sticks, the format and how the folders and files should be set up.

Few things to check:

File system format: FAT16/32

Maximum directory hierarchy: 8 levels

Maximum number of folders in a device: 3000 (including the root)

Maximum number of files in a device: 9999

Maximum number of files per folder: 255

My advise would be to start off with a smaller number of tracks and built up to ensure everything works.

Mark

I think I may just have sort of cracked it. I popped out to the car at lunchtime and realise that my new tracks are in fact there but...... all of my tracks within folders appeared to have been sorted in alphabetical order by filename. The new tracks however are appearing right at the bottom of the list in what seemed to be no particular order.

I then realised that my folders aren't all in alphabetical order (although most are).

I'm now thinking that despite sorting the files in Windows by name, this is just a view of things at that point of time. I think the car may be sorting the list of files (And folders) based on the date and time they were written to the USB stick.

I think I'l try "touching" the new files to amend their date and time to prove if this is the case. Easy fix is to remove all the files and then write them all back on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links