Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Doors Won't Open Or Close

Weird thing is that last nite at 11 doors unlocked/closed like normal there must have been. Electrical interference maybe disconnected Battery @ it reset itself thanks for ur help it did get me worried more hassle to get it repaired wasn't worried about the expense as got warranty.what is point of having smart keys when they interfere with anything that's electrical.

Had something similar on mine two weeks back.

Arrived at clients house...car locked fine. Came out hour later...could not open car. Light on the fob flickered but nothing registered.

Took fob apart and Battery out, then reassembled and all was OK.

Concluded it must have been customers wireless signal.

Car perfect thererafter!! weird!!!!

The smart key design is good. It is also very sensitive. I was still amazed from how far I could lock and unlock the car.

Problem is third party electrical equipment. If properly designed and approved according to law, the signals should not interfere this badly. However some cheap kit, badly designed or manufactured without proper radio approvals can cause these problems as they are breaking the radio rules but being in constant transmit mode.

Some video senders (baby monitors) are really bad for this. Also malfunctioning equipment like broken wireless door switches can cause such problems.

happened to me about 4 years ago. Turned out there was some building work going on in a school near our house. As soon as the builders left the car keys started working again.

Aha...you may have answered it there.

Customer had a seriously malfunctioning wireless doorbell. I remember it ringing 4 times about 5 mins later when I was in the house.

Lady commented "thats the silly doorbell playing up...been like that for weeks"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links