Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Screen

I cleaned the sat nav screen with the same stuff I use on my phone and computer screens etc and it has left some very unsightly marks. I've a feeling that there may be some sort of UV coating which has been stripped off the surface but surely this shouldn't happen? Anyone else experienced the same kind of problem?

I cleaned the sat nav screen with the same stuff I use on my phone and computer screens etc and it has left some very unsightly marks. I've a feeling that there may be some sort of UV coating which has been stripped off the surface but surely this shouldn't happen? Anyone else experienced the same kind of problem?

Not on a Lexus but I had the same thing on a Merc, some sort of anti-glare coating. Had to excessively use the cleaner to strip all the coating off so the screen was uniform again.

Hopefully you have not damaged the screen coating, which would be bad news, but merely moved the surface dirt

around and/or thinned it out into an irregular film. I recall once using one of the Zeiss wipes I normally used for my

glasses to try and remove smudges from the touchscreen of an IS250, and since there was a little moisture left in it,

I also used it on the rear-view mirror. While the surfaces looked clean in the shade, sunshine revealed streaking

which I only managed to remove by repeated wiping with a cloth moistened with a soapy solution alternated with

a dry one. Maybe this will also work for you and certainly won't do any harm before any potential need to take

sterner action.

Generally speaking, cleaning products for car interiors IMO can do more harm than good unless used sparingly and

then only when dictated by a job-specific need. Personally, for all surfaces, be these plastic, glass, wood or leather,

I try to limit myself to microfibre cloths dampened with a 5% mild soap solution, and find this non-aggressive (and

cheap) approach keeps the cabin looking new for longer. I think you will find the Lexus owner's handbook says much

the same thing.

Thanks Colin/Rabbers

I spoke to the dealership today and they said their valeting team would take a look at it. Failing that I have been advised to buy some Meguires Plasti x which will take the rest of the coating off leaving a uniform finish.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links