Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Large Electro Magnet On Boot !

PaulWhitt20

Maybe it's time for the moderators to close this topic before things turn into a slanging match ??.

I feel responsible, but not guilty for having started this argument with my original response. It was bound to polarise opinions and shows how passionate people feel about this topic. Yes tailgating is wrong, but equally please leave the law enforcement to the police. No-one should pride themselves on being part of the "never had an accident, but caused plenty" brigade!

What next?

Middle lane hoggers?

People who drive with their fog lights on?

Seriously though, I agree with Colin and suggest that this whole thread be closed (or moved to a general discussion platform) as it has no place in this forum and certainly does not fit with the Lexus driver's image. We're going to put new members off!

Let's remember this forum is for CT200h owners and prospective buyers who are seeking help in the resolution of issues or problems, and advice on potential buys and upgrades.

I believe that the Lexus forum is one of the best of its kind. Contributors and moderators always go out of their way to help each other with friendly and useful advice.

Let's keep it that way!

Dan

• Like 1

Dear moderators

Please can this thread be deleted. It was meant to be a light hearted discussion about tailgating but unfortunately has turned into personal attacks on people's driving behaviour and silly suggestions that do not help road safety.

This is most unlike this forum where people usually behave like ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hey guys no wonder we have so many accidents on the road with drivers like yourselves it is you who are the problem not the drivers who are behind you.

You should be concentrating on the car that is in front of the car behind you and it is you who should be following the HIGHWAY CODE ( have you heard of that publication). Sorry to be so direct but it is you who should be setting the good example for other road users not annoying them and making them worse. If they do make you mad then just indicate and pull over when safe and let them pass.

O.K. Last post on this topic from me. I have to smile bit when I see all the comments about bad drivers. I think driving in the U.K. Is a fairly pleasant experience compared to what I'm used too. If you want your hair standing on end you need to try the following places, Cairo (just plain crazy), Jerusalem (not too bad, but the definition of a split second is the time it takes from the lights going to green and the guy behind leaning on his horn), Damascus just as bad as Cairo, but now everyone's got an AK-47!!, Beirut ( God help you in the rush hour if your going against the traffic flow), Khartoum (watch out for the Tuk Tuks and buses with huge spinners bolted to their hub caps, think Ben Hur, Port au Prince ( every part of the roads, pavement and verges can be used at the drop of a hat and it doesn't matter which direction your going in). And to round it off, here is an extract from the daily security report, things are fairly quiet at the moment.

On January 14th, 2015 around 1800hrs, a UN agency Staff Member was victim of a robbery at Santo 15A. Two unidentified armed bandits on a motorcycle pointed guns at her and took her duty and private cellphones. No injury was sustained.

On January 19th, 2015 around 0515 hrs a UN agency staff member was assaulted at Delmas 48 near Planet Kreyol radio station by an unidentified local male. The staff member resisted and in the process the antenna of his VHF radio was broken. The aggressor fled the scene without taking anything. No injuries reported.

On January 19th, 2015 around 1515 hrs a UN international staff member was attacked by five (05) unknown persons who attempted to rob him of his cell phone. The suspects attacked the staff member by throwing stones at him. He sustained injuries to his left eye and head area. He has been transported to the UN clinic at for medical treatment.

You soon learn to drive defensively aggressive

I used to have problems with tailgater's, now I have a dashcam fitted front and rear, so when the offender spots the black box with the light on it, they generally back off.

I never get too excited about tailgater's, I concentrate on the road ahead, that is my prime concern, if someone wants to run up my rear that is their concern. It will be an inconvenience for me, but will get a free loan car, they, on the other hand, will foot the whole bill for loan car and damage done, plus having a fine and points on their licence, just for a moments stupidity.

I do not condone tailgating, but would not take provocative action to agitate further the brain cell of the purputrator. I like to keep 1/2 car lengths behind the car in front and at least 4 metres behind lorries so they can see me.

Regards.

Michael.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links