Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i currently have 30 psi all round, but my tyres look too low, and at dual carriageway speeds the car feels odd, so what should i have as i feel the pressures indicated on the glovebox lid are too low, the car is usually empty and just me in it, mostly around town, non DHP

That does not sound right.

My handbook says 35PSI all round for up to 4 passengers, and then if loaded to full capacity - 38PSI on front 44 PSI on rear.

I know that when I have let my tyres get much below 31PSI the car feels different.

I run Falkens so as near to original spec, it might be that other cheaper tyres with harder walls will run at lower PSI, but 30 sounds too low to me.

I would also say that on dual carriageways tramlining is a problem (not with the Falkens) when I have had Pirellis or Continentals, and it gets really bad with these tyres at less than 35PSI.

Also had some Nexens at one point (it was like being in rubber dinghy in the wash of a supertanker everytime I went up the M5)

I spose having run my various Lexii Ls400s at 30psi for some 14 years now I may have inadvertently got used to the effect of 30psi all round at all times.

I feel comfortable with them, peformance seems fine to me too ...... and on Falkens for some years too.

Whenever my tyres have been renewed the garage automatically puts in 30psi.

And I get 20k on the fronts and 22k miles life on the rears.

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links