Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can I Put My Mobile Phone Sim In My Lexus Phone?

Hi,

I want to start using the inbuilt Lexus phone in my 1993 LS400 instead of my mobile phone.

Is it possible to take the SIM from my mobile & put it into the car phone?

If so, where is the SIM card slot located in the Lexus?

With the new UK laws on using mobiles, this is really important.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks in advance

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I do not know the LS and where the SIM slot is located, but I can help you with a few related advices.

I will suggest you to get a so-called Multi-SIM solution. I have a second SIM from Vodafone and both those SIMs have the same number. What you then do is to switch between the SIMs for receiving calls with some codes you can program into the phone's normal calling memory. This means that when you get into your car you can dial the codes to switch your SIM in the car phone into receicing all your calls instead of your normal mobile. And when you leave the car you switch back. This works fine for me and in my case Vodafone just charged £20 for the extra SIM and nothing else, I think (company pays my bill...).

And in answer to your question: Yes, you should be able to insert a normal GSM SIM into you LS phone, assuming it is not an imported car. As GSM does not exist in Japan, a typical import will not have a GSM phone but some other Japanese standard.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Greve That's very helpful indeed :)

It's isn't an imported car, so the Dual SIM idea sounds like a good one to me. I'm with Orange, so I hope it will be available with them (fingers crossed). :zee:

if I can find where the SIM slot is for the phone system in the LS, then I'll be ready to rock!

Geoff

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I want to start using the inbuilt Lexus phone in my 1993 LS400 instead of my mobile phone.

Is it possible to take the SIM from my mobile & put it into the car phone?

If so, where is the SIM card slot located in the Lexus?

With the new UK laws on using mobiles, this is really important.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks in advance

Geoff

Hi,

I have an ls400 1995 with inbuilt armrest & steering wheel handsfree phone.

There are two places to insert the mobile sim card one is beneath the phone in the armrest the other is in the boot offside under the board.

You will need a sim carrier (a card of the old credit card size with a cut out that takes the modern sim size). Talked vodafone into giving me one.

I use a pay as you go card as changing over on a regular basis is a right pain.

I have set the phone to auto answer (2 rings).

Regards Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links