Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Car Kit Installation

I am getting an Sony Ericsson HCB 30 car kit fitted tommorow, according to the dealer the kit is fully compatible with the Lexus Stereo ie the voice comes through the front speakers and no cradle is required, quality is supposed to be excellent, all you see inside the car is a small microphone and an answer button.

I will report the full score tommorow after it is fitted

Cheers

Chris B)

I got it fitted 3 month ago.

First of all it took 2 days. They had problems finding the mute cable and stuff like that. They also tried to install it, that the voice comes out the front speakers, but they were'nt able to do that. Instead i got the small speaker fitted, that comes in set with the HCB-30. The sound quality is good.

The control buttons were fitted on the left side of the steering wheel just under the illumination control (ok its all on the other side, cause i'm in germany) and the mic next to the rear-view mirror.

I tested the system with following mobiles:

SonyEricsson T68i

SonyEricsson T610

SonyEricsson P800

SonyEricsson P900

Best voice recognition and voice quality was the updated (2 weeks ago) T610. The HCB30 doesnt seem to like the P800 very much. :yawn: The P900 ist better now.

Well it has turned into a complete and utter disaster!!!

Guy turns up next door, has the wrong address, then shows me the order and it is equipment for the GS300, tells me the mute will not work, can't wire it into the stereo, will have to have a small speaker in the car!!!

All this after Lexus told me otherwise when i bought the car

Took day off work for nought arghhhhhhhhhh

I've got the Ericsson kit fit, took about hour to fit, mute works but had to have the separate speaker but that was fit under the dash tray where the sat nav would go. Works great, but phone (T610) has crashed a couple of times

I have one of these in my GS and think the voice dialing is rubbish .i ask it to phone home and it phones somewere else ,wish i had fitted a standard kit with cradle etc would not recomend it to anyone even with the phone in my pocket the blue tooth will not ativate ,so have to have it on the center console. :angry:

looks like i bought the wrong one this thing drives me mad you have to say the name about 10 times before it gets it .worst thing is i bought two of each for the car and van .you end up having to pick up the phone thus defeating the object of having it :duh:

I have the Sony Ericsson T610 with the Jabra BT200 bluetooth(earpiece)

and it works fine on voice dialling even with the phone in my shirt pocket.

Do you say the 'magic word' to activate the voice dialing? If not how do you do it?

I've just changed from a Nokia 6310i to the T610 and noticed the Bluetooth doesn't have as large a range, with the Nokia I could walk back into my house with the phone in my pocket and it would stay connected.

Well it has turned into a complete and utter disaster!!!

Guy turns up next door, has the wrong address, then shows me the order and it is equipment for the GS300, tells me the mute will not work, can't wire it into the stereo, will have to have a small speaker in the car!!!

All this after Lexus told me otherwise when i bought the car

Took day off work for nought arghhhhhhhhhh

You've been PM'd Chris.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links