Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drivers Door Won't Opon Or Lock With Remote

hi to all,hope someone can point me in the righ direction,my lexus ls400 drivers door will not lock or open with the remote and on operating the remote i can here the back passinger door on the drivers side trying to lock twice, hope that make since,thanks in advance for any advise or help on the subject,jimmy

I had the same problem on my front passenger door some years ago and it turned out to be the door lock actuator motor. The carbon brushes in the motor wear out preventing the motor from turning.

On that occasion I bought a used working actuator and swopped over the motor.

Obviously it could be due to other things like faulty wiring or a seized mechanism but the above cause has since become quite common.

• Like 1

the only time I got this was when one of the doors was not fully closed. The other day my Skoda would not lock with the remote, it turned out I had left my spare key in the ignition. Unlikely scenarios, but worth mentioning perhaps

thankyou stev and hugh for youe replies,after looking back at old posts think it is the actuator thats failed,not sure weather to live with it or look into getting it fixed,its not a job i can do myself,no idea how much were looking at cost wise,regards,jimmy

• 3 weeks later...

hi, can any one advise is it worth getting the door actuator done and can

any one recomend a decent machcanic in the midlands area,also could it be the door ecu at fault and not the actuator, all doors are trying to lock twice apart from the drivers door on the fob,not sure whats going on,cheers jimmy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links