Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guys,

Quick question to see if things are working as they should. When I bought my car I attempted to replace the pollen filter wrongly as it seems and I thought I had broken it as I didn't put it in recirculate before I did it. I was then told it was ok as the mechanism inside the glove box opens and closes automatically as it should and if it was broken it wouldn't.

I noticed yesterday on a trip with the temp set at 22 degrees that hot air was coming out and then it seemed to go cols on the feet, wasn't expecting it but I was wondering if anyone else can say that's how it goes? I would expect the air to cool when it gets up to temp but not icy cold on the feet.

Just to check I opened up the glovebox today and tested that the mechanism was still working, when I have the setting on auto and move the recirc/fresh button between the two the lid in the glovebox opens and closes as it should, closes for fresh and opens for recirc, but when I put it into auto and it sits on auto fresh the lid opens up as it does in the recirc mode.

Can anyone confirm this is how it should work? or have I indeed broken something somewhere.

I appear to be taking up a lot of posts in this forum, I am sorry just trying to get a feel for eveything, new car, new things etc etc.

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne

I would think that all is ok

First when the fresh?recirc is in auto mode its for detecting exhaust fumes and bad air then it goes into recirc mode but will go back to fresh when it as cleared.

The system is very smart and is pretty much trouble free, but do not under any circumstances open that filter cover with it in fresh or auto mode must be in recirc mde if not you will not even know you have broken it and dont let anyone change unless they know that.

i know you have done it yourself but you have been very lucky for it to be still working but it is not broken if flap operates" Lucky man"

Right wayne there is a procedure to check all the flaps etc that they are working and gives a errror code if not however if it is not strong sunlight you will get 2 error codes it is a while since i did it but i think its 21 and 24 sun sensor for both sides.

With Ign off press and hold AUTO switch at same time (you have to manipulate your fingers) hold Fresh/Recirc button then press ign button twice but dont touch brake, panel will light up and the climate will go into check mode release both buttons then press fresh recirce button and it will go through 10 flap modes and air blowing modes and keep repeating till you press OFF then switch off and you are back to normal mode.

Just on more point i dont have the 450 and dont have experience of hybrid, i would think if you are in hybrid mode surely engine not running, engine not running = cold heater i may be wrong buttttttttttttttttt................ someone may correct me

regards Robert

• Like 1

Wayne

Join Lexus Owners Club in USA

They are virtually identical to ours but theres more of them bot say that our Forum is no good but there is more of them than us and you see more solutions to Problems

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation-153/

Regards

Robert

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Sorry to ask this again but I'm having what I think is a weird thing happening with my climate and just want to know if its the same thing that everybody else finds.

Climate is set at 22 degrees, auto fan and auto recirc/fresh When it gets to temperature I seem to get a really cold blast on my feet until it decides to heat up again and this just makes my feet cold. Was wondering if anyone else experiences this with their car or what their settings are set on.

Thank you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links