Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Put The Radseal?

Ok, so when I had the car serviced last, the monkey make a casual remark about there being a tiny leak at the rad. Damned if I can spot it, but sure enough, there is dampness down there, and I need to top up the res every couple of weeks.

I cracked open a bottle of K-Seal and poured it into the res in February thinking that would cure the problem, but it's made no difference except leave lots of K-Seal in the res. Pretty, but useless.

Am I missing a Lexus trick? Should I add a second bottle, this time to the rad itself (cold rad, drain out a bottle's worth, top up direct with K-Seal)

TBH I wouldn't have considered putting one bottle of rad weld in there nevermind 2, radiators aren't that expensive see the link below for a 2 year warranty replacement one for £60.00. @ lots of rad weld would probably be approaching half that cost.

Also I worry about where this stuff ends up stuck in water ways inside the engine.

I would bite the bullet and replace the radiator, fairly easy DIY job or an hour at a mechanics.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-GS300-3-0-1997-2005-RADIATOR-BRAND-NEW-2-YEAR-WARRANTY-/281071055241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item417123f189

• 2 weeks later...

TBH I wouldn't have considered putting one bottle of rad weld in there nevermind 2, radiators aren't that expensive see the link below for a 2 year warranty replacement one for £60.00. @ lots of rad weld would probably be approaching half that cost.

Also I worry about where this stuff ends up stuck in water ways inside the engine.

I would bite the bullet and replace the radiator, fairly easy DIY job or an hour at a mechanics.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-GS300-3-0-1997-2005-RADIATOR-BRAND-NEW-2-YEAR-WARRANTY-/281071055241?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item417123f189

Yer, that would be the route I'd go down if I were planning to keep the car. If I were biting bullets, I'd just get off my backside and go buy another car. Sadly time doesn't allow for the next couple of months so all I want to do is stop the leak.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links