Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have had a buzzing noise on my car since I bought it three months ago and hadn't payed it much attention as it isn't really audible unless the window is down.

Now the better weather is here I have found it to be quite annoying,

The buzz sounds like a buzzing Heat guard or similar metal guard.

It does it from stone cold morning start when the engine revs slightly higher for the first 30sevonds.

You then hear it under light acceleration from between 5-30mph where assuredly the engine hits a certain Rev.

I took it into Lexus and they tell me this is common fault and is the fuel pump on the fuel tank that causes this. Apparently the only possible cure is to replace the pump and even then it doesn't always cure it.

This sounds a bit odd to me and I'm pretty sure most Lexus drivers would find the constant buzzing in acceptable.

Does anyone else eith a 450h have this same issue or know of it.

Carl

Not noticed this to date but will now keep an ear out and let you know. The car does seem to have a set of unique electric sounds at various points but they all go away on mine.

I had a rattle sound (a sort of buzzing when the exhaust resonates at low to medium revs).

I put it on a ramp and found that the two heat shield clamps around the cats had corroded and the heat shields were just rattling about.

4x jubilee clips later and it stopped completely.

This may not be your issue, but its worth checking out anyway.

Oh, and I would say it is unlikely that the fuel pump would buzz at different revs. If it was going to buzz, it would be all the time that the engine is running.

Oh, and I would say it is unlikely that the fuel pump would buzz at different revs. If it was going to buzz, it would be all the time that the engine is running.

To be honest, that's what I thought but they are supposed to be the experts.

I'm waiting to see what they say as they were trying to get a new pump on warranty.

I still thought it sounded like a buzzing heat shield as has been mentioned.

Maybe I'll take it somewhere else for a se I don't opinion.

Carl

• 7 years later...
On 4/30/2015 at 9:01 AM, Carl911 said:

To be honest, that's what I thought but they are supposed to be the experts.

I'm waiting to see what they say as they were trying to get a new pump on warranty.

I still thought it sounded like a buzzing heat shield as has been mentioned.

Maybe I'll take it somewhere else for a se I don't opinion.

Carl

Hi mate, did you ever get to the bottom of this? 

20 hours ago, Initial P said:

He's not logged in for over a year now.

I know but it would have been nice to know if the problem was sorted and what caused it! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links