Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Gb / Lexus Woodford

OK! - Hopefully I don't bore anyone too much ....... but I had to post this up here, as it is definitely CREDIT WHEN due, to both LEXUS GB & LEXUS WOODFORD.

As most of you are aware, my IS3 was hit in a public car park 6 days after I bought it, and caused damage to my bumper / head light and wing. All of this had to be fixed / replaced.

As the bumper was going to get replaced, and a new wing was going on ... I thought "oh well, I might as well get the whole lot done, and order the TTE bumper, and rest of the kit"

I go to my local Lexus dealer, (Hills of Woodford) and speak to the main man, (James Cook) - ask for a quote, etc etc .............

Cut the long story short, James informed me that he would let me know when to bring the car in for repairs.

James rang me the next day, (Tuesday) and said that the bumper would be arriving on Friday, and I could bring the car in on Monday. .. . .. .. Get's a call on Saturday saying that Lexus GB have had a back log on all the TTE bumpers (for IS3's headlight washer cut out) .... and that it would be another week.

I of course, was a little .... :angry:

Next week ......... James, rings me again and stated that Lexus GB have stated that the bumper has been delayed even more, and it would take another week and would be ready on the 14th April 2005. (somewhat 3 weeks after I ordered it)

Another week past by ..... and I was again informed that there was NO time given by Lexus GB as they were yet again delayed, by this time I had enough. :angry:

I wrote an email to James (directed at Lexus GB) stating that I just wasn't happy!

During this time, I had 'acquired' a set of TRD skirts .......

This is where the CREDIT comes into play .............

LEXUS WOODFORD : Said, they would fit the TRD skirts I supplied for FREE

LEXUS GB : Said, as the bumper has taken ever so long, they would pay for the bumper, and the cost of getting it sprayed. All I would have to pay is the fitting of it.

Me finding the skirts, and Lexus Woodford fitting for free saved me £535

Lexus GB paying for my bumper saved me £565

Total saving : £1,100 ;)

After all this long waiting ........ (can't blame the dealer) it was well worth it in the end .........

......... and through out my impatient waiting times ......good ol' James from Lexus Woodford always rang me, and emailed me to let me know what was going on, and how things were going on .......... Cheers James!

It's stories like this that make it all worthwhile.

Mine was delivered on 9th Jan 2004 within a free 3 year servicing period. Because I ordered in December I wasn't automatically included in the offer.

After a single query, Guildford contacted LexGB and with no further hesitation I was given the 3 years servicing.

Can you imagine Ford doing that ?

[rant more]

Well I expected at least a call to let me know the progress on the replacement alloys and paint issues with Lexus Croydon. I have just rang them after waiting two weeks for some info !

Not all service centres are cast from the same mould it would seem. I am awaiting something good to happen to get them back in my good books, but not holding out much hope!

Looks like I'll be writting to Lexus GB at this rate! The reason I bought a Lexus was contributed to by the high level of service reported by all the owner surveys! Even Renault weren't this bad! (maybe 'cause I didnt have high expectations from them!)

[/rant mode]

Jason,

You should goto Lexus Woodford mate ........ speak to James !  :D

Thats North of the river though ain't it? :) (see even us Northeners can speako da lingo down saurf ;) )

Might do, but I think I should give the local garage (which is only 10 mins from me) a chance as I would like to avoid having to do a 100 mile journey every time I wanted something doing to the Lex.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links