Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! My Car Has Been Immobilised...

maneesh

Apologies for posting in general area as well as GS section, but I want to avoid having the car back at Lexus if possible..

Car was locked using wireless remote key as normal. Couldn't find the regular wireless key, so decided to use spare. The spare doesn't have Battery in it, so put in door lock and turned to open.

Alarm goes off, but car is unlocked. Try to start and nothing. Alarm stops when key in ignition position, turn the key to off position and alarm goes off again. Car locks me inside. Somehow I managed to turn the alarm off, unlock the car, get out.

Managed to find regular key, couldn't start the car with it. Figured the Battery was dead. Called the breakdown people, he says the immobiliser light next to steering column won't go out even when car has been unlocked with regular wireless key. Tells me it's a Lexus dealer issue.

I've looked in the owner's manual, can't see if I can do anything.

Can anyone help?

Not sure if it will work or you've tried it already, but if you disconnect the Battery for a few seconds then reconnect it you may reset the logic.

Bear in mind any settings will also reset as well though, (gearbox, ecu, seats stereo etc) before you try it.

I'd wait for more advice before you try this though as there be may another way.

Good luck :)

Hiya mate

put the key into the ignition and turn it one click to acc, leave it there for 6 mins and then turn off, remove key and then put the key in again and all should be well.

I had to do this when I changed my Battery, sounds like the car has unprogrammed its self from the keys

Dude, you are a lifesaver. Got this advice from someone else too!

Thanks for the responses. Apparently, you have to disconnect the Battery for a while (I did 2 hours and charged it too), and then you reconnect. Then, put the key in and turn to ignition position and leave for at least 6 minutes. Then remove key, and re-insert and start.

It worked! That saved a towing to Lexus and the money they would have charged me to do the same thing!!

no problem :)

caught me out too when i had my battery changed and my car was stuck in halfords car park lol

Ah, I remember the old Citroen 2CV advert with list of features the car HADN'T got.

Then the phrase "NOTHING TO GO WRONG"!!! :D :P :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the responses. Apparently, you have to disconnect the battery for a while (I did 2 hours and charged it too), and then you reconnect. Then, put the key in and turn to ignition position and leave for at least 6 minutes. Then remove key, and re-insert and start.

It worked! That saved a towing to Lexus and the money they would have charged me to do the same thing!!

Just bumping this for lee, billy :D try this lads it might work.

Thanks for the responses. Apparently, you have to disconnect the battery for a while (I did 2 hours and charged it too), and then you reconnect. Then, put the key in and turn to ignition position and leave for at least 6 minutes. Then remove key, and re-insert and start.

Just bumping this for lee, billy :D try this lads it might work.

Cheers Gord, didn't work though, possibly this is only for the GS model.

Just updated the other thread as spotted something else tonight to do with the EFI fuse.

Lee.

I had a similar problem wuith my LS400 Ser 3 (yes, Maneesh, the famous pristine, soon-for-sale one!)

Local Lexus dealer said that the 'six minute' thing works for GS models.

For LS , (because, apparently the immobiliser is added for UK models) you have to turn one click with key. Take off Earth connection on battery; turn to second position on key. Put Battery connection back. Turn off key. Get out, close door. Plip should then work as usual.

It did!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links