Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Intercooler

Paul Reece

Hello, I thought it was about time I put some pictures up of my Aristo

It has a Greddy Intercooler fitted and has been fully decated and a few other bits.

I am waiting for the HKS Speed Limit Defencer (Ordered today from Prolex) then when it arrives it will be off the Thor racing to be fitted and tuned up for a final Dyno Test.

This is the front view:-

gallery_11429_230_697274.jpg

Under Bonnet Views:-

gallery_11429_230_213475.jpg

gallery_11429_230_9609.jpg

Front View Close up:-

gallery_11429_230_249333.jpg

Apexi S-AFCII fitted in top sun glass holder panel

gallery_11429_230_169174.jpg

Apexi AVC-R Boost Control fitted in Ashtray

gallery_11429_230_375991.jpg

20" Wheels

gallery_11429_230_319001.jpg

Front View Of Car

gallery_11429_230_595671.jpg

Side View Of Car

gallery_11429_230_620560.jpg

The next Mods will be uprated anti roll bars - uprated brakes/discs - and LED rear lights.

Thanks for looking

regards

Paul :driving:

That's looking nice pal, I like all the electronics you've got hidden away there, I need to get to that point myself soon!

What boost levels are you running via the controller?

Is that the Trust intercooler kit off eBay for the Aristo as I've seen one on there that looks good?

Hello, thanks for the comments guys, very much appreciated. :D

The boost level settings are A = 1.0 Bar and B = 1.2 Bar with a scrabble mode set at 1.3 Bar for 10 seconds. The good thing about it you can turn it off when the wife drives it.

V or M intercooler ? havent got a clue, it's the Greddy FMIC complete intercooler kit for Toyota Aristo

supplied and fitted by Thor Racing.

All the electronics were also fitted by Thor Racing.

Sholud have full dyno report within the next few weeks when other bits fitted and tune up.

All the best

There you go Dave,it's right what they say - you learn something new every day :D

I must have the 2 core then, because they had a problem fitting 1st thicker intercooler, as there wasn't enough room.

Need to look at getting wheels sorted out as chrome has started to pit.

they were on the car when i purchased it.

Not sure to have them refurb of buy some new ones. :wacko:

Regards

There you go Dave,it's right what they say - you learn something new every day :D

I must have the 2 core then, because they had a problem fitting 1st thicker intercooler, as there wasn't enough room.

Need to look at getting wheels sorted out as chrome has started to pit.

they were on the car when i purchased it.

Not sure to have them refurb of buy some new ones. :wacko:

Regards

I have the joys of fitting the thicker one to come :blush:

dont throw the chromes out.............keep em safe. They fetch reasonable money as they are quite rare :winky:

got a set of GS300 sport mark 2 sport alloys which I'm getting re furbed (anthracite)............with some 255/35 * 18's for track day's :D thought they were 9/10 inch on the rear..........naaaaaaaaaah 8 as you say learn something every day !

Watch out for the speed de-limiter. These piggy back units DO NOT WORK on the Auto box. It can jump gears which is dangerous.

I use a full ECU replacement to delimit the car (TOMS).

Chromes - keep them off the car outside of summer months.

I have a spare set of 4 x 17" Lexus wheels if you need them.

Watch out for the speed de-limiter. These piggy back units DO NOT WORK on the Auto box. It can jump gears which is dangerous.

I use a full ECU replacement to delimit the car (TOMS).

Chromes - keep them off the car outside of summer months.

I have a spare set of 4 x 17" Lexus wheels if you need them.

yoshi

I have the HKS one for the vvti engine (lots of wires to connect i'm told) and have had no problems with the autobox jumping gears...i'm talking under heavy accelaration and silly speeds...

what one did you fit ? (SLD)

Hello Yoshi,

thanks for your comments regarding De-limiter.

I know 2 people who have had these fitted and they haven't had any problems with this HKS SLD.

I will be getting it fitted shortly and if I get any problems regarding gearbox etc, be assured it will

be taken straight off.

If I need wheels I will let your know.

Once again thanks for your comments, very much appreciated

All the best

Paul.

The Blitz one didn't work.

My tuner in Japan says no go for Auto box.

So I've got the TOMS ecu which de-limits etc. Safest but more expensive way.

my hks sld is still working really well..............

blitz v spec i/c is here as well :winky:

Will be interested to hear how it is afterwards Paul!

@ Yoshi, can you source the TOMS ECU or is it a case of reprogramming the original ECU meaning the car is off road for a while?

Will be interested to hear how it is afterwards Paul!

@ Yoshi, can you source the TOMS ECU or is it a case of reprogramming the original ECU meaning the car is off road for a while?

I can source the TOMs ecu ...basically you send yours off and they re-programme it..takes 2/3 weeks and costs £1200 ish...............car needs 100 octane fuel BTW

I've looked at this and feel a FCON-VPRO will give the same if not more than the TOMs (switchable maps on the HKS is a big plus) what the TOMs does offer is the removal of the autobox speed cut off @ 155...however as they say I know a man who can :winky:

My Trust type V intercooler is here :D

Update..

Had car set up / dyno run at Thor Racing = 410 Bhp.

They were unable to fit HKS SLD MkII as wiring instructions in Jap, they wan't to be 110% first before fitting.

I need to upgrade fuel pump now. Will have done in December when I have Brakes Upgraded

Regards

Update..

Had car set up / dyno run at Thor Racing = 410 Bhp.

They were unable to fit HKS SLD MkII as wiring instructions in Jap, they wan't to be 110% first before fitting.

I need to upgrade fuel pump now. Will have done in December when I have Brakes Upgraded

Regards

Nice figures :D

May be able to help with fuel pump as I'm getting one myself :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links