Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Always Tops Customer Satisfaction Surveys

Ever wondered why Lexus always rates number 1 in all the customer satisfaction surveys?? I have held off from posting until I had confirmation but this is why they do....

December 2005 I traded a 2003 LS 430 for a new GS 430 from Bracknell. Initial impressions of the GS were that it was/is a fabulous car. However, shortly afterwards it developed a rattle in the dashboard and ultimately suffered :

- creaking from upper vents under windscreen

- rattle from deep inside centre dash

- rattle / knock from passenger door/window/a frame

- dash flexing over big bumps

- creaking centre console

- creaking door panels

- broken drivers seat

- faulty FM aerial

- rattle in steering column

Lexus Bracknell worked tirelessly over numerous visits to rectify these issues (big thanks to Peter, Dayle, Mel and George) but unfortunately they could not be completely resolved. Therefore 3 or 4 weeks ago I decided enough was enough and formally rejected the car. To be honest I expected a big old fight but I have been very,very impressed by the speedy response. The end result is that Lexus have bought back my GS and are replacing it with a brand new RX 350 SE-L which arrives in the next few weeks!!!! :D

So whilst I was very disappointed with the quality of this particular GS, I WILL miss it (fast, comfy, good looking, different, all the toys) but, I am delighted with the customer service provided by both Lexus Bracknell (of whom I can't speak highly enough) and Lexus GB.

This is why Lexus win the satisfaction surveys every year!!! Well done Lexus. :)

So if anyone is tempted by Alfas, BMW, Mercedes etc - re-read this! :)

Ever wondered why Lexus always rates number 1 in all the customer satisfaction surveys?? I have held off from posting until I had confirmation but this is why they do....

December 2005 I traded a 2003 LS 430 for a new GS 430 from Bracknell. Initial impressions of the GS were that it was/is a fabulous car. However, shortly afterwards it developed a rattle in the dashboard and ultimately suffered :

- creaking from upper vents under windscreen

- rattle from deep inside centre dash

- rattle / knock from passenger door/window/a frame

- dash flexing over big bumps

- creaking centre console

- creaking door panels

- broken drivers seat

- faulty FM aerial

- rattle in steering column

Lexus Bracknell worked tirelessly over numerous visits to rectify these issues (big thanks to Peter, Dayle, Mel and George) but unfortunately they could not be completely resolved. Therefore 3 or 4 weeks ago I decided enough was enough and formally rejected the car. To be honest I expected a big old fight but I have been very,very impressed by the speedy response. The end result is that Lexus have bought back my GS and are replacing it with a brand new RX 350 SE-L which arrives in the next few weeks!!!! :D

So whilst I was very disappointed with the quality of this particular GS, I WILL miss it (fast, comfy, good looking, different, all the toys) but, I am delighted with the customer service provided by both Lexus Bracknell (of whom I can't speak highly enough) and Lexus GB.

This is why Lexus win the satisfaction surveys every year!!! Well done Lexus. :)

So if anyone is tempted by Alfas, BMW, Mercedes etc - re-read this! :)

I knew there was a reason why I'm keeping hold of my Ser 4 LS400!

That is quite a nice result without any hassle :D

Was it just a straight swap or did you have to pay anything extra? Did they give you back exactly what you paid for your car when new?

No it was much easier than I expected. I honestly believed that I had a genuine case and that Lexus would eventually solve it but expected lots more aggro getting the desired result. What happened was :

1) I rejected car

2) Bracknell spoke to Lexus GB

3) Lexus GB offered goodwill gesture of some free services

4) I said not good enough and said I was off with my money to BMW (I was serious - I looked at 550i)

5) very shortly afterwards Lexus (via Bracknell) got back to me with the swap.

This is excellent customer service and I would be surprised if BMW, Mercedes etc would have tried as hard to hold onto a customer?

Like I said, disappointed with my particular GS but delighted by the eventual outcome :)

So would I buy another Lexus? Very Probably

If I did would I use Bracknell? - Definitely

I have always really liked RX but preferred the 430 V8 engine having owned LS previously. Decided that I would accept the RX as a very good substitute for the GS rather than either live with the rattles or return GS and have to stump up more cash for an exact replacement. This was another option I didn't mention in my earlier post so hope that clears it up?

Plus this year I hope that my lexus won't run (slide) for the nearest hedgerow at the first sign of a snowflake :)

No - they effectively gave me back 43500 for it (RX price) and I bought the GS for 44500 in December 2005. The GS now comes with MM system and a slight price rise so Lexus said as my GS has done 15K miles they would want 3K to cover a new GS which is fair. Decided to go for the RX rather than raid the piggy bank again.

No - they effectively gave me back 43500 for it (RX price) and I bought the GS for 44500 in December 2005. The GS now comes with MM system and a slight price rise so Lexus said as my GS has done 15K miles they would want 3K to cover a new GS which is fair. Decided to go for the RX rather than raid the piggy bank again.

I wonder how much a BMW dealer would have offered you in PX for the GS ? I've never owned a BMW but just about eveyone I know that has was never 100% happy with dealer service.

BMW would have offered about 31K depending on what model you wanted from them. I owned 2 BMWs and the customer service is very good but I found because BMW sell so many cars these days their service departments are swamped - I felt I was sometimes treated as a number rather than a customer. To get a courtesy car you need to book in 3-4 weeks in advance.

Rillo that seems a fair enough deal then, reaon I was asking my rejection of my first IS wasn't quite as easy and dealer was releuctant to accept rejection but also unable to fix the car to a reasonable quality. Eventually rejection was accepted after I had emailed the top guys at Lexus. Dealer should have took it on the chin weeks before this happened. I got a new car at no cost to me, plus they paid fully my costs.

Glad it turned out okay in the end. Like I said I was expecting a big fight but Peter Gower (Bracknell Dealer Principle) did all the work badgering Lexus GB on my behalf.

Shame the GS wasn't of suitable quality but I can't complain about the end result.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links