Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Number Plate Bulbs

DINO

Hi all,

As the topic says, I have a IS200, had a look in the manual to replace the bulbs, and its not in there. Anyone know how I change them. Do you replace them from the outside, as I opened up the lineing inside, and cannot get to them from there. Cheers

Not sure about the is but on mine you have to undo the bolts and take the whole light unit out

That wouldn't get to the number plate lamps though. On the MK1 GS they are levered out from the bumper to change the bulb. Maybe the IS ones work the same, large flat bladed screwdriver to unclip them.

Not sure about the is but on mine you have to undo the bolts and take the whole light unit out

That wouldn't get to the number plate lamps though. On the MK1 GS they are levered out from the bumper to change the bulb. Maybe the IS ones work the same, large flat bladed screwdriver to unclip them.

Sorry fellas, I did not mention that they are above the number plate, so part of the boot lid.

Hi all,

As the topic says, I have a IS200, had a look in the manual to replace the bulbs, and its not in there. Anyone know how I change them. Do you replace them from the outside, as I opened up the lineing inside, and cannot get to them from there. Cheers

Hi, just looked on my tech disc just shows a clip of the part at http://www.deadzoom.com/users/stevewalt/LEXUS_3.jpg

Ta Steve

Edited by janey
only gold members may offer items for sale or link to their ebay sales

Hi all,

Hi, just looked on my tech disc just shows a clip of the part at http://www.deadzoom.com/users/stevewalt/LEXUS_3.jpg

Ta Steve

pig of a job just to change a bulb :angry: all good fun though :lol:

I thought there was something in the workshop section that covered this.

I remember following a guide from Mike Morse when I changed mine and I think it was from there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links