Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Double Locking Security System

Tango

The remote locking on my IS200 has decided not to function anymore. I have two master keys and the two button spare and none of them work. Also tried two new button cells (CR1616) in both master keys, and reset the keys by inserting into the ignition, turning to 'lock' and removing, but still doesn't work.

Any ideas anyone? :crybaby:

there is a thread in workshop I think

ahhhhhhhhh found it !!

Hope this sorts it :D

Thanks for that Woz..just tried it and sorry to say it didn't sort it. The car recognises the transponder or it wouldn't start, and going through the routine for getting the car to recognise the wireless signal from the key it locked and unlocked itself, but attempting to use the key remotely afterwards wouldn't work.

Looks like a trip to the Stealership :angry:

Mine was doing the same i found it was a door sensor, opened and shut all doors and boot and this fixed it touch wood never happend again but i assure you all my doors were shut before this problme occured and wasnt me being to stupid

Rabster, thanks for sharing but all my sensors are working fine....tried all the keys again this morning and a re-programme but no joy. One for Lexus methinks, I'll post the result if I get one :whistling:

do the lights flash ?

If not it could be the sensor in the dash.

No they don't, the car doesn't do anything when I press the buttons on any of the remotes although the lights on the remotes light up fine.

do the lights flash ?

No they don't, the car doesn't do anything when I press the buttons on any of the remotes although the lights on the remotes light up fine.

sounds like a door switch isnt working

do the lights flash ?

sounds like a door switch isnt working

Rob, I've opened each door in turn, including the boot and each time the door open warning lights up so I'm assuming the door switches are all operative.

Dealer says the receiver under the rear parcel shelf needs replacement...now on order for fitment.

Fitted replacement today...unit was £287, but with labour and VAT was nearer £500, even with LOC 10% discount :crying:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links