Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spark Plugs On Rx400h

I order to save a few bob, (OK many pounds) I decided together with the engine oil air and oil filter to change my spark plugs, although doing the front 3 was straight forward, I came to a grinding halt on the 3 at the rear of the block. I think I can see 2 of them in a position which looks and is impossible for me to access.

How are they reached, over the top by removing something or from underneath?

:duh:

I order to save a few bob, (OK many pounds) I decided together with the engine oil air and oil filter to change my spark plugs, although doing the front 3 was straight forward, I came to a grinding halt on the 3 at the rear of the block. I think I can see 2 of them in a position which looks and is impossible for me to access.

How are they reached, over the top by removing something or from underneath?

:duh:

hi there the best way to replace them is from the top by removeing the air box and intake

hope this helps

Afraid that they are much further back than the air box, which I did remove to make it easy to do the front 3.

[/quote

the intake manifold needs to come off there is a cross panel which holds your wiper mechanism in place needs to be removed sounds a lot of work but its fairly straight forward to do

Oh well I give in, there isn't an easy way of doing this job, and a lot more involved than you may think. So I got the car booked into a local Toyota dealer as they can do the job at £100 less than the local Lexus dealer AND provide me with a driver/car to bring me home while they do it and pick me up when it's done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links