Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just updated my 2009 GS300SE to a GS300h, has anyone managed to get the 300h to door lock when you take the car out of park. My 300SE was set up to do this but I have been back to the main dealer today and apparently the doors cannot be programmed to auto lock with the gear stick or speed related, however there are plenty of settings in the menus regarding unlocking when P is selected.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

I think someone forgot to programme it. Whats all this safety reason nonsense about, does anyone know? My old BMW would auto-unlock and dial SOS if there was a heavy shunt (i.e. airbags deployed). That was a 2007 model!

Yes Lexus have always been 'odd' with this feature. Our 2007 IS250 doesnt auto lock and it can not be programmed in. Both our 2011 IS250 and 2012 RX450h auto lock but I have seen that the 2014 RX450h also had this feature removed for 'safety reasons'.

However, both the 2015 CT200h and IS300h I had recently both still auto locked. Does the 'Safety reasons' not apply to these cars?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links