Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre pressure system question

Spider87

Hi All,

I'm still relatively new to my Lexus CT F- Sport. So far so good. One question I do have is about the tyre pressure monitoring system. 

Over the last month or so, the light is on every time I start the car, and only goes off after traveling about 30-40 miles. I assume this is to do with the cold weather and the tyres being cold.

is there a way to reset the monitor?

I'm concerned ( more than others probably) as in a previous car the pressure light came on  in lane 3 of the motorway, I slowed down and moved over to lane 1 when I had a blow out.  If it wasn't for the light it I would have been in lane 3 doing 70 MPH and I'm sure it would have caused an accident. 

Many thanks in advance

obviously reset / check all your tyre pressures first

down in the area where your pedals are have a look for a button mark SET picture of a tyre

you may find it on the plastic undertray above the pedals

with the ignition turned on press and hold this button until the warning light on the dash

flashes slowly 3 times leave the ignition turned on for a few minutes then turn off.

its in section 4-3 page 521 in the user manual

Thanks for the reply and information. 

I'll have a look for this button tomorrow morning. 

I guess the system is more sensitive than my previous car, as I've not experienced this before. 

Thanks again. 

A friend of mine is having a similar problem with his IS300h, I've just asked him to see if his car has a similar button to reset the system.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No point resetting the thing. The manual actually states that it doesn't need resetting.

Essentially the tyre pressures are low enough to set them off which mess stick them all to 36psi and you're all set. It wont come back

Like Rayaan, I wouldn't be inclined to complicate this.

It is possible that the cold weather is causing this, but the chances are the pressure is too low (I experienced very similar in my first year of ownership). So put a bit more air in!

It is also possible you have a slow puncture (that happened in my second year of ownership). Just pop in to your local dealer and ask them to check - it won't take long and even if they find a puncture and fix it, they will charge you precisely nothing. 

I mentioned earlier that a friend of mine was having the same issue with the low tyre pressure light. He took it into Lexus this week and they found he had a nail in the tyre causing a slow puncture, so the light was working correctly. And as Ian said, they repaired the puncture FOC, now that's good customer service!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a close related question, you're suggesting to increase the air pressure from those stated on the car to 36psi. I always top my air up to the pressure stated on my drivers door frame, I understand how increasing the air pressure will resolve the automatic pressure sensor query, have any of you noticed any change (increase) in mpg with a greater pressure in your tyres?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links