Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Start up warnings

24 minutes ago, lurch said:

Ok mate sorry .

No apology needed, all good info. I have contacted Cobra support but they are equally confused and can't find records having been taken over by Vodafone.

I may just get one ordered and try it. Just curious - if you live in Suffolk, how come you go to Roys?

I live in Carlton colville near Lowestoft and have been going to roys for over 30 years now ever since I bought a Toyota Camry from them, they have been brilliant and have never let me down, always honest and some times not even charged me !! They look after my Rx, my MR2 my RAV4 , sons fiesta, daughters Mini Cooper s and mother in laws Lexus LS and IQ , tried Lexus Norwich a few years back and had to complain about service I recieved , no brainier for me worth a trip to Norwich.

• Like 2

Update - it wasn't the control unit, new one behaved as before :angry:

However, on very close examination it appears that one front sensor does not fit exactly right and that LED to the discovery of paint on the wiring. So it's had the front bumper cover repainted so now we suspect that the reinstallation has trapped the wiring. That's not going to be cheap to rectify as removing the bumper cover is a bit of an effort on one of these.

Ah well, I'll think about it, meantime I have a brand new control unit if anyone wants one

7 minutes ago, rynd2it said:

Update - it wasn't the control unit, new one behaved as before :angry:

However, on very close examination it appears that one front sensor does not fit exactly right and that led to the discovery of paint on the wiring. So it's had the front bumper cover repainted so now we suspect that the reinstallation has trapped the wiring. That's not going to be cheap to rectify as removing the bumper cover is a bit of an effort on one of these.

Ah well, I'll think about it, meantime I have a brand new control unit if anyone wants one

Just read through this entire post again.

David, you said at the outset that you acquired the vehicle.Was it from a dealer or a private purchase?

Regards

John

It came from a dealer but they say there was nothing untoward before I got it, even the delivery driver said he didn't notice the warning buzzers and they are (were) very hard to miss. You'll see if you play the video i uploaded.

Thanks David.

If it came from  a Dealer then it is his responsibility to fix at his cost, notwithstanding his or any statements that the problem was not evident at the point of sale..The Sale of GOODS ACT gives you a Stautory Warranty for six months from the date of purchase.I suggest that you go back to him and remind him of his Stautory responsibilites .If necessary, consult the local Citizens Advice Bureau and a Solicitor.

There is no reason why you should incur significant personal expenditure to have the matter resolved.

Good luck.

Regards

John

I agree with that in principle however they are over 200 miles away so returning to them for fixing is not really an option. I have already let them know I'm investigating it and they have been provided with the video. Just waiting on a bit more data before providing them with an update.

Cheers

Point taken David, but distance does not minimise their Stautory  obligation to you.

You might consider telling them that you will have the matter addressed to your satisfaction at your local Lexus Dealer and the Final Cost invoiced directly to them (the seller),or you might consider paying it yourself and  pursuing them through the Small Claims Court for settlement.

You might  also consider looking at honesttjohn.co.uk for many many similar cases to yours.

I will let the matter rest now but do inform us all of the outcome. 

Regards

John 

• Like 1

The sensors are sorted - apparently at some point there was some minor damage to the front bumper and it was refitted badly with two sensors not connected properly. Roy's Motor Company sorted it all out at very reasonable cost and the original dealer has offered to pay for the actual repairs. An acceptable outcome I think.

Have discovered another issue but that's a new story

David

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rynd2it said:

The sensors are sorted - apparently at some point there was some minor damage to the front bumper and it was refitted badly with two sensors not connected properly. Roy's Motor Company sorted it all out at very reasonable cost and the original dealer has offered to pay for the actual repairs. An acceptable outcome I think.

Have discovered another issue but that's a new story

David

Very pleased to learn that news David.

Many thanks for updating us all.

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links