Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been monitoring the Battery since it died at the Airport and today it was down to 12.38 so need to replace.

Too dark to examine brand name and not looking forward to rupturing myself taking it out.  On the top is the reference 335,  700ccp and 90 Amp.hour.

No idea as to make or age of existing but has done alright so far.

Checking, and most batteries seem to have the terminals the wrong way around to what i need even though described as "335".

This for example which with 4 years guarantee looks a good bet, but terminals seem wrong for a 1993.  Maybe they just put a stock photo up of a different model Battery?

No dealership near me and so will have to do the job myself. Happiest with Bosch or Exide.  Varta E24 looked like lesser CCP and once again wrong terminal configuration.

No mention in this Ad of the Amp charging rate.

Views please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-4-241-Yuasa-Battery-1UZFE-Saloon-06-90-10-94-335-/281678498770?hash=item419558cbd2:g:hB8AAOSwabhUWUiw

Been there worried that. Cold charging size, terminals, price...

i ended up buying a Battery from local Lexus dealer and all in all price was competitive and piece of mind.

but... Get the direct replacement and everything should match irrespective of manufacturer...might be a few more bob.

Should all match up.

............  when I replaced my Mk3 Battery in 2012 now ?, I bought from the Lexus main dealer and it was cheaper than elsewhere !  but then the Mk3 Battery holder is a different shape and needs the lexus OEM to actually fit properly.

I didn't have any trouble finding a suitable replacement for my Mk2 car though at the time and not from Lexus

Malc

Replaced my Battery inJanuary 2014, and it has failed. It was purchased from Lexus and they today replaced it FOC, withoiut a quibble. I feel quite lucky that it went a few months before the warranty expired, but would expect them to last lomnger than this

Having an appointment tomorrow I've not disconnected the Battery to check measurements of existing. Didn''t want to tempt providence. Have put Battery on charger and after several hours its not reporting a full charge. but 12.48v  on multimeter.

The Varta has four years not one year Guarantee, but that and the Yuesa both  quote depths of 225 0r 220.  From what I can measure the Battery is only 170 height + terminals, so a bit confused. The Terminals can't be 55mm in height.   Will have to leave until Friday when I can disconnect.and remove cover. Anyone with a 93 and can tell me exactly what their Battery depth is, by any chance. 

If it is too high then the cover to the air duct won't fit properly. 

ps Hugh what brand of Battery which failed, did they supply?

Go to Euro Car Parts £81 Duracell with 31% discount included. Plus a 5 year guarantee. This Battery will start a train. My wife has one in her Mercedes SLK, brilliant. Even free delivery, but get in quick for the discount.

4 hours ago, MLW said:

Go to Euro Car Parts £81 Duracell with 31% discount included. Plus a 5 year guarantee. This battery will start a train. My wife has one in her Mercedes SLK, brilliant. Even free delivery, but get in quick for the discount.

The 335 is currently priced at £116.99 being a saving on £151.20.  I'm going to get the Battery out on Monday to double check measurements before buying.

Varta I know, but not so sure about the Yuasa brand. These are the current options for around £90.

1 hour ago, keybasher2 said:

4th winter coming up for the big Bosch from Europarts,had to chop the battery tray though. Not sure the Duracell bunny would be drumming as fast :smile:

That my be the route I should have taken, mine having failed after 2.5 years. I considered ignoring the standard fitment and getting one with higher cold cranking amps. Can you remember which Battery you bought?

Think it was this one http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_LS+400_4.0_2000/p/car-parts/electrical/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/car-battery/?444773357&1&99cf921718427b616d246a041313ab04cffa17da&000020

You don't have to look hard to find a 25-30% discount code for a click and collect deal.

Seems to be on the money with the cca rating ?

It could only happen to me.  Took out the old Battery on Tuesday, a Yuasa 335. Not checked when put in (if there is any info)  as the replacement arrived and keen to get the thing put in - with the Wifes help as these are not a good idea for people with dodgy backs to lift in and out. 

I'd had a phone call the day before the delivery of the ordered Yuasa 335 and the seller (via ebay) said would I be happy to accept a Yuasa 5335 which she would check to see that it was the same size but gives an extra two years guarantee to five years. Why not? Pricewise, I noted you can pay up to £145 for this "Silver" model elsewhere.  £83 paid.

So, unwrapped looked OK with the word 5000 in bold print on the front and duly installed. - Hang on!! Bloody terminals wrong way round.  But no, they'd sent me a 5334 and not a 5335.   Bu**er me , if we didn't have to take it out and put back the old Battery as they can't send me a replacement until tomorrow.  Will update how long original lasted when finally replaced!

22 hours ago, MLW said:

Euro Car Parts. Buy the Duracell. 5 year guarantee. If it does not fit, take it back and get a full refund. But it will fit.

Too late for that Michael, and a bit peeved as the replacement received turns out to be a  Yuasa 3335 and not a Yuasa 5335 which I was asked if I'd like.  OK, I got what I ordered but not happy to see that the Battery data shows Fitting date 12 months / years 2014- 015-2016-2017 Wet filled with Acid UN2794 (which I am unsure what this means). So this seems like an "old stock" Battery made in 2014.

This said, my original 3335 taken from the Car also says UN2794 and has a Recharge chart with 12 Months and the years 2006-2007-2008-2009-2010. The Month 12 and the Year 2009 are marked with a cross, so it looks like it has lasted 7 years.  

ps  The Duracell brand is used by an American Company on licence I read somewhere.  The US Company has long produced  Car batteries.

Yes, I never thought Duracell did car batteries (in the UK at least) till my wife's one was replaced. The advantage of Euro Car Parts, is it sells lots of stuff , so most of it is 'fresh' stock. Plus the 5 years kicks in from the day of your receipt. I have to say, the Battery in her car is perfect, and could start a train. It sounds so strong.

I have no problem with Euro Car parts but they don't sell much for Jap cars.  Interesting to note that my old Battery could (?) have been standing on the shelf for three years before being installed and has lasted another seven years. So, I'm hopeful.

Bought a Bosch from Euro for my W140 when I had it and it seemed to be a very good Battery. Was still going strong after four years when I sold the Car. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links