Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon to be new car in the fleet

So I have been thinking about a vehicle that offered a more practical boot space and still enjoyable to drive. I currently have an is250 se-l & GS450h.

The IS-250 has been a faultless drive for 4.5 years but alas with the miles now at 120,000 it was time to trade her in. It will be a sad day but I'm sure the joy of the new RX450h will more than make up for its loss.

i was on a budget and although there seem to be plenty of RX around at the moment, quite a few I looked at show a fair amount of wear. It seems unlike the saloons, these cars seem to get more general abuse and this often means more worn interiors and often more scratches on the exteriors.

anyway, after looking at a few I sourced a prime example for a fair price at my local Lexus dealership.

its absolutely immaculate inside and the exterior has only the odd mark which is more than acceptable for a 7 year old SUV..

the best part is that it has only covered 39k from new on one owner.

should be a lot easier to slip the road bike in the boot for my weekly ride.

IMG_0689.PNG

Hello, I recently changed my GS450 for a RX450 and I have no regrets.

Obviously the performance is not as good but I find its so relaxing to drive that I really don't mind taking a few extra minutes on my journey. I'm sure you won't regret your decision.

Oh, mine is black so not the best colour for someone who hates washing cars.

1 minute ago, passman53 said:

Obviously the performance is not as good but I find its so relaxing to drive that I really don't mind taking a few extra minutes on my journey. I'm sure you won't regret your decision.

Yes, I agree, it's a more sedate drive compared to the gs450 but then I don't think the power delivery of the gs would feel right in an SUV.

all that said, the rx seems to have a nice sweet spot between 40-50mph and it's doesn't hang around.

im certainly looking forward to picking it up next week although in theory it's my wife's car. Think we will take turns on a weekly rota, lol.

Many congratulations! Cracking looking car. Cerulean blue? My old RX300 was Tungsten Mist which was very similar. Loved it!

Know exactly what you mean about wear and tear. They are indeed family/lifestyle orientated cars but some parts of them do show wear and tear a great deal more - especially when compared to previous generations.

Did you get it from Cheltenham? Deal with Ben? They seemed to have a great choice of cars when I was there. I picked up her RX450 from him last Friday :)

10 hours ago, passman53 said:

Yes, I agree, it's a more sedate drive compared to the gs450 but then I don't think the power delivery of the gs would feel right in an SUV.

all that said, the rx seems to have a nice sweet spot between 40-50mph and it's doesn't hang around.

im certainly looking forward to picking it up next week although in theory it's my wife's car. Think we will take turns on a weekly rota, lol.

Hi Normski,

i dealt with peter and yes I purchased it from cheltenham. They seem to have about 8 of them in currently at various prices.

i think having both the RX450 & GS450 should cover all my bases for now.

ideally I'd like just one newer car but at the moment we need two cars so two older ones it is for a few years.

Looking very nice indeed and certainly looks good from the pictures.

They are mainly family cars, we take ours with all 3 kids in whenever we go anyway, hence the wear and tear. Luckily, Ive kept on top of mine and its pretty much not got any wear on it apart from the driver's seat and a kerbed alloy!

Thinking of trading it in for the new RX come December time if I can source a good ex-demo (the White/red F-Sport in Swindon looks interesting at the minute) but certainly before April 2017!!

25 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Looking very nice indeed and certainly looks good from the pictures.

They are mainly family cars, we take ours with all 3 kids in whenever we go anyway, hence the wear and tear. Luckily, Ive kept on top of mine and its pretty much not got any wear on it apart from the driver's seat and a kerbed alloy!

Thinking of trading it in for the new RX come December time if I can source a good ex-demo (the White/red F-Sport in Swindon looks interesting at the minute) but certainly before April 2017!!

I had a white one with the red interior and it was superb. I had it on a 24 hour test drive and I couldn't fault anything on it.

i had that from Swindon as it happens.

sadly my budget won't stretch to the new shape yet but defiantely next time round

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links