Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

newbie gs450

Fireblade1

hi just a quick intro I joined the forum last October when I was going to buy a gs 300 any way that never happened so iv just been and bought a 2010 gs 450h black 45000 miles realy pleased with it couple of issues if any one can help when I start it up from cold it ticks over realy fast faster than id like with a cold engine also just a little niggle when I plug my phone into the usb socket all I get is a message saying the phone is not connected properly tried a different cable but no luck thanks

Belated welcome Robert :smile:

Sorry, I can't really help you with your problems.

I had a look at GS450h's post 2010 recently and there aren't that many for sale surprisingly.  They must be so good that owners are holding onto them :smile:

Pictures are always appreciated on here. :smile:

Hello Robert and welcome to the LOC.

I have the LS400 and this also has  cold idle around 1200 RPM but once warm settles to around 650, as long as it warms up fairly quickly and the idle drops I wouldn't be too concerned.

I think there have been some previous posts regarding phone compatibility with some Lexus models maybe worth  forum search.

Boot space is greatly reduced with the 450h due to the Battery packs so only 1 set of golf clubs.

Welcome to the forum.

I've recently purchased a GS 450H and from cold my idle is kinda high but after a couple of seconds it soon subsides. It doesn't bother me, all cars do it to certain degree. Do you feel yours is excessive or something? Have you compared to another 450H? If I had a rev counter then I'd tell you what the fast idle was,l but instead we have kW meters.

Sorry but my car doesn't have a USB plug so I can't help you there.

Hello and welcome to the forum. 

The fast tickover on start up is normal. The is250 does exactly the same for a few seconds.

As for the usb, do you have an android or apple? I have an android phone and can't connect it either with the usb so have to use Bluetooth.  I find the only use is to charge my phone.

Apparently an apple Iphone can can connect with the usb cable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links