AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Hello all, 

I've just become the proud owner of an IS220D SE-L with 116,000 miles on the clock. One interesting thing i haven't investigated further is that the fuses have been removed for the heated seats and also for the ABS system. Can anyone advise why this may have been, as i intend to replace with the correct fuses as it would have been before. 

Previous owner didn't even know they were missing!

Thanks all, 

Simon

Can not understand some peoples mentality replace the fuses. Maybe a fault showing on the dash and took them out??

Unfortunately there may be serious faults with those items. The heated seats may not matter that much. The ABS does - the car won't pass an MoT with faulty ABS. (Quite apart from the ABS not working, which is a safety issue). Try putting fuses (correctly rated) in - if they blow, or then the ABS warning light stays on all the time, get it investigated right away.

If you bought it via a dealer, take it back. I suspect it was a private seller - I'm afraid that then you're on your own.

I may be wrong but if you can prove this then you will have recourse against the seller of this car, whether its a private seller or dealer but you must act quick to get this resolved - like John said above, if a fault with the ABS, yes its an MOT failure but more importantly will reduce the effectiveness of braking if using.

Trading standards will give you advise and if the fuses have been pulled with the intent to deceive you then you have a very good case.

Strangest thing when i buy a car i try every button switch everything. If it does not work ask why and also a bargaining tool.

Some times it is best to take somebody unbiased with you. Then you do not over look the faults. As john says abs is a massive problem if not working.

Have you tried it stamping on the brakes you should feel the rat tat tat on the brake peddle.

I struggle to accept there wouldn't be an ABS fault light on if the fuse has been removed from the ABS. This is one of the safety checks the ECU conducts when starting.

• Like 1

The ABS warning light (it's an LED) is fed directly from an ignition activated relay, then extinguished by the ecu (ie the ground goes through the ecu) But if the fuse has been removed, the light won't light up in the first place. Actually the fuse might control other warning lights - be interesting to know which, if any, aren't (or are!) working. If the ABS fuse really has been removed, the ABS ain't gonna be working!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By joelfigueira
      Hi all,
      As it’s been forecast for strong winds like an idiot I opened my bonnet to top up with washer fluid! A gust of wind managed to remove the front plastic engine covers along with clips.
      i know the clips are poor however are any people using alternative clips to hold down there engine covers? I know most people have some missing or all of them so wondering what are people are using.
      Have looked on eBay and ones I have seen look like the poor ones I have already.

cheers in advance

Joel
    • By Linas.P
      I thought below is quite good offer, obviously service included is just minor essential, but good way of keeping Dealership service history:
      Not viewing the email properly? Please click here to view in your browser. This email was sent on behalf of Lexus Woodford.
            If your Lexus IS was registered between 1 March 2006 and 28 February 2009 you can take advantage of genuine Lexus servicing on your IS at the incredible price of just £99 at Lexus Woodford.
      We’ll also MOT your IS for the reduced price of just £39*
      Now there is no excuse to have your IS serviced elsewhere. You can have the peace of mind knowing that fully qualifi ed Lexus technicians will be servicing your IS and any parts required will be genuine Lexus parts.
      This offer is only valid until 31st December 2018 and only available to owners of IS models registered between 1 March 2006 and 28 February 2009*
      Please book early by calling our Service Team on 0208 559 7660 or email luke.holland@lexus-woodford.lexus.co.uk
              *£99 Service available on Lexus IS models registered between 1 March 2006 and 28 February 2009. ^£39 MOT offer only available on IS models when taken with the £99 IS Servicing offer. Offers end 31st December 2018.
            This email has been sent to xxx@xxx.com as you have previously opted-in to receive marketing from Lexus Woodford, by either online, visiting a showroom or when purchasing a vehicle. You can easily unsubscribe from our list by clicking here. You will be removed immediately and no more emails will be sent.
    • By Mouldikh
      I blew the ign and inj  fuses whilst jump starting the car. I replaced the fuses and it starts fine but the steering column does not move into its set position when I put the ignition key in and the steering is heavy. The dashboard warning lights do not flash up when the ignition key is turned. I think another fuse must have blown but I checked all the fuses in the boot, drivers side and under the bonnet. Can anyone help to identify what component has failed!
      thanks
      Keith
    • By Stephenlexusis220d
      Hi, I do not really have any idea about cars at all, upon starting my car this evening (lexus is220d ) 2007 I got the vsc error and turned on the engine and Tc lights. Would this be from a filter problem, I have had no problems before. It is due for a service in 2k (currently 80k) 
      would you recommend to call the road side assistance and ask them to define the fault or to take it to a garage or a dealership and ask them to asses

any help is much appreciated 
    • By Mmcsweeney
      Hi guys. 
      Looking for an answer into the issue i have with my IS220D.

it is an manual 2006 IS220D with 140,000 on the clock. 

I bought the vehicle in June, knowing of this issue, but hoping it’s a cheap easy fix to which I have only attempted terraclean as of yet.

The issue I have, is that the car feels well underpowered before the turbo kicks in, foot could be flat to the floor and it feels like it is holding back. Asoon as the turbo kicks in it’s flying.

Has anyone got the solution? 
      Thanks in advance.