AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Verbout

Bought a DA kit.....advice required.

Some thug has run into my car while visiting Lincoln the other week, on the very slim chance the **** is reading this I wish you pain.

An attempt to T cut the scratches out failed, they disappear when wet so I believe only the top clear coat is marked.

So I bought, as per title, a DA kit that comes with a white pad, orange pad, Meguiars Ultra Finish polish 205 and Meguiars Ultra Cut Compound 105. I've always fancied a go at detailing.

I'm fine with all the products, but due to the alleged soft Lexus paint I was wondering if the cutting compound is too aggressive?

On 29/09/2017 at 6:56 PM, Verbout said:

Some thug has run into my car while visiting Lincoln the other week, on the very slim chance the **** is reading this I wish you pain.

An attempt to T cut the scratches out failed, they disappear when wet so I believe only the top clear coat is marked.

So I bought, as per title, a DA kit that comes with a white pad, orange pad, Meguiars Ultra Finish polish 205 and Meguiars Ultra Cut Compound 105. I've always fancied a go at detailing.

I'm fine with all the products, but due to the alleged soft Lexus paint I was wondering if the cutting compound is too aggressive?

Its very pad dependent.

Which kit did you specifically go for? Was it a Meguiars kit or something else?

In essence, you want to start off with Meguiars 205 and the softest pad you have. Move to the firmer pad if its not working. Then, if that doesn't work, use the 105 on the softest pad and try again. 

Then, once you've done the polishing, refine back down using Meguiars 205 and the softest pad. 

I bought a kit from cleanyourcar.co.uk. A DAS 6 V2 along with pads, cutting compound and polish. £114.

I’ll, as you say, start gently and see how it goes.

May experiment on the wife’s car first.