Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speeding

Adie

Just a quick one for you Ahmet.

Got a letter through the post this morning from the Police saying that they want to prosecute me for speeding.

I thought i'd been done so was waiting to see if i got a letter.

I was caught doing 43 in a 30 zone (camera van). No warning from the road angel either :tsktsk: I'd just had a new straight through exhaust system fitted with the baffle removed so i was being a bit heavy footed so i could hear the roar :D

So what should i expect £60 fine and 3 points? Do i need to notify my insurance?

So what should i expect £60 fine and 3 points? Do i need to notify my insurance?

That's right mate.

£60 fine and 3 points, you do not need to notify insurance until your licence is actually endorced with the points.

Got a letter through the post this morning from the Police saying that they want to prosecute me for speeding.

I was caught doing 43 in a 30 zone (camera van).  No warning from the road angel either :tsktsk:  I'd just had a new straight through exhaust system fitted with the baffle removed so i was being a bit heavy footed so i could hear the roar :D

I done 39 in a 30 and got caught by a fixed speed camera. I ended up with 3 points and a £60 fine, so I'd presume you'll be the same.

I told my insurance company and coz it was my first 3 points they told me I won't notice any difference. The bloke on the phone said that it's so unusual for somebody NOT to have points on their licence that they tend to turn a blind eye to 3 points.

That's right mate.

£60 fine and 3 points, you do not need to notify insurance until your licence is actually endorced with the points.

Cheers pal :blush: I was quite suprised actually because i thought i was doing about 50 - 60 :huh: although it was only from accelerating from a standing start from a roundabout :crybaby: . The car just shoots through those lower gears.

Gonna get rid of the turbo and get a push bike :ohmy:

I was caught doing 43 in a 30 zone (camera van).  No warning from the road angel either :tsktsk:  I'd just had a new straight through exhaust system fitted with the baffle removed so i was being a bit heavy footed so i could hear the roar :D

You have to inform your insurance company of any change in your circumstances -if you have a bump (claim) they ask for a copy of your license and if you have not fessed up they may not pay out. Also they can pull your cover etc etc. You will find for 3pts they will not stuff you in your current year but it will go up a few quid next year (depends 0n points and details) and they stick it to you for 5 years. I was totted up and banned for 6 months - this means you have no points when you come back but have to mention the TT99 for 5 years. This was no troub to my insurance (Lexus) but resulted in me taking myself off cover with my wife's car - it was not that they would not cover me it just took too long to explain because the webs sites have trouble with a totting up :crybaby: .

There is a lot of BS in the forum about what will I get for speeding - REMEMBER not all areas do fixed penalties and if you go before the beak they have guidelines but your arse is there's they can give you what they want and sometimes if they want to be nice they cannot because of Crown Court guidelines. The Clerk to the Court is the one to watch not the Magistrates. The Beaks are amateurs (mostly) but the Clerk is a professional lawyer and whipper in. I was stuffed like this - my lawyer was way down the road for a bit of a let off and the Clerk put the boot in. You can be banned for anything - best plan don't do it and don't get caught if you do. If you go to Court polish your shoes and wear a suit and be humble - took me ages to figure out what that meant. :shutit:

^^^^ There speaks a bitter man Brendan, but I beg to differ, the Magistrates cannot "give you what they want". There are sentencing guidelines, within which the Magistrates must stay.

The Clerk of the Court is the legally trained person who advises the Magistrates of their options e.g. max and min ban, they then decide where on the scale where your offence sits and pass down the sentence they feel appropriate within the guidelines.

You cannot be disqualified for anything they feel like just cos they don't like your face or they got out of bed on the wrong side, the Clerk sees to that. Likewise they cannot let you off and give you compensation for the hassle of having to come to court for speeding because they play golf with you and are an all round good chap.

I cannot think of any area where fixed penalties are not applied, they are a cheap and effective way of relieving the motorist of dosh.

I got caught the other week......37 in a 30 zone....first letter didnt mention anything about a fine or points....just wanted me to state that it was me driving the car at that time and to put my license details down. Got another letter 2 days ago with a 60 fine and 3 points ..or....i can go on a driver awareness course that costs £90 and they will forget about the £60 fine and the 3 points........thats nice of them :crybaby:

but... if i fail, i still have to pay the fine and accept the points and come to terms with losing the £90 i paid for the course :tsktsk:

Ask for copies of any evidence they want to use against you, details of who was operating the van, their training certificate, what type of equipment it was, when it was calibrated and by whom & proof the van was legally sited.

You may as well get them to earn the 60 quid....

Ask for copies of any evidence they want to use against you, details of who was operating the van, their training certificate, what type of equipment it was, when it was calibrated and by whom & proof the van was legally sited.

You may as well get them to earn the 60 quid....

They've said that they've got video evidence and i thought that i was doing a hell of alot more than what i got caught for. Therefore i knew i was banged to rights and expecting it. So i'm not going to bother asking for this and that or contesting it. So i'll just man up and take it :crybaby:

• 4 months later...

I got my NiP today - damn! :tsktsk:

Quick question(s), once i declare who was the driver what will they ask for?

It wasnt me driving!

If i ask for the evidence, ie the two Gatso Photos, does that automatically mean i must go to court and give up my FPN option?

Do they require MOT, insurance, tax papers, ie a producer, to be sent to them now or ever during the proceedings?

Do the procedures vary according to different constabularies?

My NiP is from the Met if it makes a difference.

I got my NiP today - damn! :tsktsk:

Quick question(s), once i declare who was the driver what will they ask for?

It wasnt me driving!

If i ask for the evidence, ie the two Gatso Photos, does that automatically mean i must go to court and give up my FPN option?

Do they require MOT, insurance, tax papers, ie a producer, to be sent to them now or ever during the proceedings?

Do the procedures vary according to different constabularies?

My NiP is from the Met if it makes a difference.

Go here for assistance before you do anything.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links