Lexus Owners Club Messages

Review Your Lexus

Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours, review your Lexus now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B15RUP

Obd11 Fault Code

15 posts in this topic

Hi All, engine management light came up the the other day so I went to a friends garage and read the code via the OBD11. The fault code that has come up is P1346 :huh: Any ideas on what it could be????

If no ones answered by the time i get home i'll have a look for you then mate,. About 5pm

Stav

I am guessing it's the Exhaust O2 sensors, but thatis a guess. Stav will confirm later.

EDIT *****

Second gues would be VVT sensor camshaft position sensor circuit range/performance (bank 1). :lol::whistling:

BTW how is the car running matey ? All finished & mapped ?

P1346- VVT sensor camshaft position sensor circuit range/performance (bank 1).

Have you had the timing belt changed recently? If so, the timing could be out, or the timing belt maybe loose/worn and it may have jumped one tooth.

Had the same problem with I changed the timing belt, I knocked the timing out when changing the belt. My car ran ok, but like you I had the engine management light on. Luckly, I didn't cause any damage to my engine, just re-set the timing and re-fitted the belt.

Thanks for the replies guys hopefully Stav will confirm Kams and Wozza's diagnosis and I will take it from there. Wozza apart from this car is good, I have posted in the supercharging/turbo forum for a little update.

Stav, do you have a list of what the actual fault codes mean? if so where can I obtain it.

Thanks for the replies guys hopefully Stav will confirm Kams and Wozza's diagnosis and I will take it from there. Wozza apart from this car is good, I have posted in the supercharging/turbo forum for a little update.

Stav, do you have a list of what the actual fault codes mean? if so where can I obtain it.

I have told you what the problem is!!! I checked the fault code on my tech. CD and that is what the P1346 fault code is, basically, you have a problem with your timing/timing belt or your timing (crankshaft/camshaft) sensors have failed.

Stav will probably come back with the same answer.

I have told you what the problem is!!! I checked the fault code on my tech. CD and that is what the P1346 fault code is, basically, you have a problem with your timing/timing belt or your timing (crankshaft/camshaft) sensors have failed.

Stav will probably come back with the same answer.

Calm down calm down! :D I done some google work and yes Kam you are right, just wanted a second opinion which I got from googling. :winky:

LEXUS Variable Valve Timing/CMP Sensor Range/Performance

LEXUS VVT Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem (Bank 1)

Yep i agree with the other two.

Stav

LEXUS Variable Valve Timing/CMP Sensor Range/Performance

LEXUS VVT Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Problem (Bank 1)

Yep i agree with the other two.

Stav

Right, belt has been checked and it is ok... I did have the car de-catted too but surely this would have brought up a different fault code relating the o2 as I didn't allow for an o2 simulator. :huh:

De-catted totally or just the pre cats taken out ?

De-catted totally or just the pre cats taken out ?

pre cats in, but the main one under the car is out.

aaaah the exact opposite to mine.

I am confident mine will go through an M.O.T. Test with the pre-cats removed (after warming the engine thoroughly first).

I don't know what effect it will have with this mod on your car.

However I'm sure someone will be along soon with the right info.

Taking the main Cat out without fitting an O2 sensor will throw up a CEL light, but it'd be a different code so not sure.

Stav

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, I will investigate.... Anybody out there with any IMO?