Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

[need Help] Hand Brake Light

Hi,

A few days ago, my hand brake light in the dash came up even I have the handbrake down. during driving, there is no warning tone as if I have the handbrake up, the warning tone will sound.

I have checked brake fluid, and replaced the brake pads.

Anyone have an idea about this? all it says in the manual is if the light came up, I should contact dealer immediately and not drive the car.

But I see no problem with the braking system. so is it ok to drive it still?

Thank you,

Regards,

DD

No mate, the yellow light is for the rear lights (that you turn on when its dark) The handbrake light comes on when you have a brake light out. Check the high brake light thats normally the problem.

Stav

No mate, the yellow light is for the rear lights (that you turn on when its dark) The handbrake light comes on when you have a brake light out. Check the high brake light thats normally the problem.

Stav

Thank you guys,

That is the problem. Sorted out

Hi guys - I had a similar problem, red handrake light on dash would come on but when I finished my journey and started the car again the light would not be on but might come on later during the that journey.

Not come on for a week now but will check through lights as mentioned in earlier posts - fluid level & brakes all ok.

Cheers guys

Stav

I had a brake light go recently and it was the yellow light that illuminated. Parking brake light is to warn of any brake failure or more serious problems.

Quote from manual (for parking brake light) If parking brake is off, stop immediately and contact any authorised lexus dealer or repairer or another duly qualified and equipped professional.

About the Rear light failure warning light (the yellow one) - "If it comes on when the brake pedal is depressed, one or more stop lights is burned out."

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

Definately the high breaklight bulb, this happened to mine 2 weeks after I bought it (July 2010). The handbreak light flicked on/off intermittently during journeys. After reading this thread I put it in the garage as it was warranty covered, the high breaklight bulb wasn't seated correctly. After it was replaced I no longer had the issue. No yellow lights, no engine failure and no fluid loss.

Cheers

B

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

I had this problem, but when I changed the bulb (because my bulb was faulty), the light disappeared. note the bulb must be the same size as before. First time I replaced faulty bulb to the small size bulb, but hand brake light was on again. I replaced again to the right size bulb and hand brake light disappeared.

$_57.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links