Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have just checked my cabin pollen filter at the back of the glove box and it definitely needs replacing. Lexus state that it should be changed every 10k, depending on you driving environment. Mine was last changed about 20k ago, so I best do it. Apart from sourcing the part direct from the dealer, does anyone know where and what brand is best. There are some on eBay, not sure if they are any good though !! Thanks. Bobby

• Like 1

Cheers chaps, funny, I found both your recommendations during my searches and I went for Lexusbirm on eBay, genuine Lexus product, great comms and they shipped it out today. Thanks. Bobby

• 2 years later...

The standard Lexus one on my GS was active (I think the RX too) and I've also used Puravent

http://www.pollenfilter.co.uk//display_filter.php?id=386&part=M2194

I think it makes a difference, one of those things that is difficult to tell. It's also difficult to know when the it stops working, does it last the full 20k miles / two years between major services?

• Like 2

There are two caps, one either side of the glovebox inside hinge, I think you rotate 90degrees clockwise to slide them out, then the glovebox will open further exposing the air filter housing.

When replacing, ensure it is the right way up! :)

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have found the filter holder = fiddly little aperture - removed the old filter to discover a mass of dried leaves stuck to the filter and many more both above and below the aperture.

Any ideas about how I can get into the area to clean the leaves out. Tried using ajax but the leaves get stuck because they are too large!   I do live in a wood of oaks and beech and chestnut trees.......

Question = where do they get sucked in and is there an aperture I have missed to clean the leaves out?

Thanks in advance for advice or chirpy quips.......

Picture to follow

Wow, that is serious leaf-age!!

The intake for the Cabin air comes in under the exterior windshield cowl. I'm pretty amazed that so many large leaves had got in! You can remove the cowl and will need to get the Vax in there.

I can't think of an easier way to clean out the cabin air filter than you have tried, can you get the Vax end of the tube (with no attachments on) in the opening?

The only other though is to go use a petrol station Vac, it may be more powerful...

Imagine what delights await you under the bonnet in the engine's air filter housing!! :/

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links