Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I have a 55 plate 250 and recently I have had problems with both my wing mirrors. Both of them will not adjust left and right, they will go up and down and when I reverse they will also go up and down. When I use the switch to adjust the mirrors left or right, I do hear the relay clicking so I know it's not the switch at fault. Could this be a wiring or motor issue??

Try winding down the window for whichever side mirror you adjust and listen to the mirror motor when you move. If you can hear it clicking then it may indicate the spline drive is broken/worn for that movement. If you are feeling adventurous you could try taking out the mirror piece itself.

This sort of problem can arise from frost damage....specifically frozen water on the screw drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Right finally sorted it. Managed to buy a complete wing mirror inner unit including the motors and swapped the motor block over and it now works so one of the motors had failed. Then stripped the old one down to get at the good motor and fitted that to the other side and now both are working again. Quite an easy job and cheap too as I only paid about £20 for the old inner that I found on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem so I'm hoping you can help!

My drivers mirror no longer moves in the vertical plane (it use to with some help) but is fine in the horizontal plane. My passenger side is the same, whether moving it using the controls or selecting reverse (which would normally tilt the NS mirror down).

Sounds like I have a motor out on each side. Do I have to buy mirrors from a 250 to salvage the motors?Or can I buy from an IS200/ 300 for example? I'm really hoping the motors are the same part :unsure:

-Mark

A lot of parts like mirror motors are common across the Lexus/Toyota range but this is not guaranteed.

The link below shows the motors used on the later LS400 so it may be a case of removing the glass from yours and then having a look at the type of motors fitted.

Or if you send a PM to Nottmman with the link he may be able to tell you if his motors looked the same.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/84177-replacing-the-complete-door-mirror-shell-on-my-ls400/

Welcome to the LOC BTW.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links