Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loosing Favourites Phone

Had my 300h just over 3 months great car awful phone, I've had to put my favs back in the phone at least 6 times been back to the dealers with the problem got no help anyone else with the same problem and any idea how to fix

I expect you've had the software updates too, and hopes that these would rectify the problem dashed. I'm afraid at the moment it seems to be a glitch Lexus have failed to remedy. I've started using the voice recognition with some success, or go to the call history list which tends to have most of the favourites in there by dint of them being the most used. Not what it should be though.

• 1 month later...

Well that saved me spending some of my life looking through the instruction manual to find out what I was doing wrong. I got my 2013 IS300H 2 weeks ago and have lost the favourites I stored in the car 5 times. (That I have noticed, don't use the phone in the car much) I did the upgrade thingy on the portal via a USB drive last week but that has not solved the issue either!

Hi by the way ..... I joined back in April, when I first started looking for a new car, started looking at the RX450 (2010 plate) and ended up with the IS300H Premium ....... loving it so far. Any hints n quick tips I should know?

Welcome to the club! I find the voice control for the phone works reasonably well, and gets over the annoyance if the favourites dropping. Press the the button on the bottom left of the steering wheel and follow the instructions. It takes a bit of getting used to, like anything I guess, but is pretty good.

I think Lexus produce great value cars and the customer service is great, but intuitive software is not a Lexus strong point.

Enjoy your car in good health.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

I must admit, I've struggled with the voice control and I do not think I have a strong accent. It mistakes words that are not even close to the word I was after. I guess I just have to learn to speak "Lexus speak" Lol

Quickie question whilst I am here .... I have downloaded the OC app to my Iphone but cannot log on it. I logged on here using my facebook account but that option does not exist in the OC app.......any ideas?

Hi Shaun and welcome to the club.

As others have said I'm afraid, welcome to the "my phone Favourites, Contacts and call history keep disappearing" club. I got my car in March and didn't lose any of the favourites, contacts or call history for the first 6 weeks - then have lost them 3 times since. It's very frustrating and I'm hoping that my local dealer (Lexus Nottingham) are going to get the problem sorted as I made a bit of a song and dance about it before I bought the car. It happened on my previous car which was the old IS 250 SE-L and they assured me it wouldn't be a problem on the new one.

I'll let you and everyone else on the LOC know if I get a satisfactory answer.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Turning off the option "automatic contact/history transfer" will keep the favorites.

It is a bug in the software.

Greetings from The Netherlands :-)

Jo

• Like 1

Thanks for that, will give it a try. Although presumably that means any new contacts added to the phone won't be available in the car?

Sort of one step forward, one step back....

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 2 months later...

Yep, that's correct but you will have to update your contact manual and you will not see the history of the phone in your system

That's interesting, I thought the call history did carry across. I'll check on that

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links