Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This Looks Good But What Is It Worth?

George, just keep it ...... doubtful you will get your £2000 or even close at this time sadly................ I paid £1400 .......... 3 years ago now for mine ( Mk3 ) with ( now 160k miles ) full Lexus service history from the parts manager at Lexus Poole Dorset ( his own car ) ... and I know I may have paid over the odds on that day BUT was happy to, owing to the car's provenance etc.

Today I guess my car is worth possibly what I paid for it ( maybe ) and I won't be selling anytime soon either.

If you think you may buy another next year, then to ensure you don't miss out on any price rises :whistling: ............ just hang on to your existing and use that. I doubt it will depreciate any more in value than it is today.

If you can store the car and look after it whilst it's not being used then do so ......... I really do think that these are classic cars in the making.

Malc

You make my point much more succinctly...these cars are chronically undervalued....I am in a relatively luxurious position where my daughter and mrs have cars so if I don't sell the big beast, it won't take up any more space than it does already....also, it owes me less than I think I need for it...I don't usually give a second thought to losing a few quid on a fun car, but hey, find another 67k miles ls with full history for less than 2k....realistically I know, as you do, that a lexus like mine is probably worth 1500-2000 to a lexus person who KNOWS what they are looking at....at your local auction, it would struggle to break a grand....a sad indictment when you consider these cars were designed and built not just to compete, but to BE the best in the world....now, how would I replace that!....

It will be no hardship to use this car throughout winter, though I suspect some of our university professors may cast an envious eye over it and wonder what ELSE I do to make money....especially of it ends up on polished 19s with a nice window tint haha

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a mk4 yesterday for 2k, full history, two owners, okay, it needs a couple of small fixes - the engine bonnet struts and the boot leaks (I found that out this afternoon) but I paid 2k for it and it's a DIY fix, thanks to this excellent forum.

On Monday, we sold our BMW 5 series 73,000 miles for a really good price, however, we've had it for 3 years and each year we've lost 2.5k in depreciation!

The Lexus drives like a whale compared to the BM but it don't half shift, it's quiet as a mouse and in superb nick, I love it.

I would have to cover some huge miles to spend an extra 2.5 grand on petrol each year, wouldn't I?

All in all, I'll never buy a new or nearly new car ever again, not when there are LS400s being sold at 2 grand, why would you?

Yup, welcome and annoy....done about 200 miles in last two days, family trip to Pitlochry yesterday then Glasgow motor museum and mother India for curry today....cruise,on at 60 way down, 77 way back, still,averaged nigh on 30 mpg....well over that yesterday orn slow run up a9....and what a car to travel in.....the old jaguar adage of grace, pace and space suits the ls better than it did jags which usually had two of the three, old series 3 and x306/308 being just a wee bit short on space...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links